Anyone had a lemon? need some help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a lemon? need some help

pyrocustoms
07-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I think my GA is turning sour, i keep having electical problems, and fuel problems(i'm pretty sure) Wont' start all the time, makes clicking noises(Starter) and wont turn over, sometimes will start just after i pop the hood. Sometimes will take a bit, then it turns over, starts, and stalls(like if you were to release a clutch and not give it gas in a manual, i have an auto) Lighs dim a lot(even without stereo hooked up) i've replaced 2 batteries(one stock, one optima) foglights(the switch doesnt even work) lighter socket, front left rotor, lim gasket(charged me $100.00 too). I have a 2003 GT1 3400 auto. Just wondering what y'all think, and if any of you had a car that turned lemon, and how to go about claiming it, so i can move on to something that actually runs.

Thanks.

onesexyga
07-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Getting lemon status on your car is some work. You need to take it to the dealer and get it fixed. If after 1000 trips there its still haunted then you start the lemon deal.

eBandit
07-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Here in Ohio it is easy, if the same problem has been fixed over an over for 3 or more times and still is having the same problems an attorney might take the case. My mother had a vehicle that was having electrical problems and the attorney took the case on a basis that he only gets paid if he wins the case and she doesnt have to accept any offers unless she wants to. He said most of the time they settle out of court, but he will take it all the way if needed. She settled out of court and came out on top. My brother is currently using the same attorney for warrantly law on his 5th wheel camper. The attorney works a few different states I believe, I will look the name up and check, then post the info of who we used. The warranty law is national, but the lemon laws vary by state from what I have read on thier website which has allot of info (I'll post it as soon as I look the info up).

Fron what I was told the problems dont have to be exactly the same and can be similar to qualify as a lemon (at least in Ohio).

Where are you located at? (state)

botlfed
07-17-2005, 07:43 PM
owning an 03' it is not going to be easy to get lemon-status on your car....
it is over 1 year old. and I am guessing over 25000 miles??

pyrocustoms
07-17-2005, 09:09 PM
i'm over 25k, but i have been told since i bought it new(off the show room floor, and boy were they glad to get rid of it, wierd to me) that 3 times for the same problem in MI clasifies it as a lemon, but was just wondering what ppls experiance and i know the 3 problems have to happen within 2 years of each other. If all else fails, i am just gonna get a lawyer, i'm sick of this car, and my parents have already 'defected' from gm, now buy chrystler and soon to have a german car. The dealer i talked to said they would take it in on trade (and they were trying to put me in a gp gxp) but my payments(with neg equity) went up to $600+ and the standard gp, abosolutly stock, nothing added, boosted my payments from400 to 500, and that had less crap than my car does...

Well i have to take it in next week, so i will find a lawyer, i work so much i cant leave it for as long as i need to cuz i have to have my car, and they wont give me a loaner since my gm warranty is up(only 35k, not 60k like other friends ga's)

Thanks, sorry about the spelling, work all day/night, and tomorrow is my bday, so i'm rushing around along with trying to figure this out.

botlfed
07-17-2005, 09:31 PM
If you are in MI then I believe you are SOL.......

On a new vehicle you have to have it reported within the first year of ownership W/ less than 25K miles call the BBB if you want, but they will prolly tell you the same thing........

sorry=(

pyrocustoms
07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
i just checked mi is less than 4 years old and you have to had bought it new, i got it with 26mi on it, has to have reported the problem with in the first year, believe i started just before it was a year old, and the next few problems have to happen within the next 2 years of ownership. So I am calling my lawyer if the problem is not found tomorrow...

eBandit
07-19-2005, 09:10 PM
The lawyer my mother used for a lemon law case and brother is currently using for warranty law is Kahn & Associates, L.L.C. (http://kahnandassociates.com/lemon_law/) They handle and have info on thier website for Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Just go to their site and you can find information for those states.

pyrocustoms
07-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the input., appretiate it, the dealer that i purchased the car from finally responded to one of my letters, couldn't of been b/c my bros ex g/f who is now a lawyer sent it now could it? lol, anyways, i'm going in next monday, they are gonna look at the car, and see what they can do to get me into something else. I also have a friend that works at a chrystler dealership(should of bought the hemi ram from him), he said that the 25kmi is the "acceptable use" and that the dealer/company can charge you for miles over that, and I went through my records, and my alternator and battery problem were reported within the first year of me having it, so if all else fails, i am qualified(also contacted a lemon law lawyer near detroit), we'll see, i'll post an update later.

Thanks again.

-Eric