Replaced A/C blower resistor, was working then stopped? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replaced A/C blower resistor, was working then stopped?

synz
07-19-2005, 04:02 PM
just as the title says, my ac completely stopped working 2 mos ago, then today i buy a new resistor, plug it in and it works fine, every setting works, then a couple hr later i get in my car to move it and the a/c doesnt work? wtf is wrong with it? its a *brand new* part :(

GTracer86
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't know man but my a/c blows out hot air. It works..just blows hot air :erika:

excitement
07-20-2005, 03:25 PM
The resistor may not have gone in all the way or the screws worked their way out. Check and see if it is still connected.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-20-2005, 08:00 PM
my ac just stopped also on my 2000 gagt . i checked fuses . i felt the thin and thick pipes going into the fire wall they are both warm not cold . clutch works on compressor you also here it click off and on . . no leaks or bad pipes or hoses etc. push needle down on the pipe up front next to and behind the fan on left side seems to be charge. i get wee bit cooler air then the outside regular vented air. i am guessing just needs to be recharged . it was a rental car for first two years so air likely got used a lot. only 69,000 klms on car stored past two winters. feed back from anyone ...

brim
07-20-2005, 09:17 PM
check the plug on it buddy, could be as simple as taking the board back out, and push it back in, make sure it's tightly connected. While the board's out check to make sure it didn't fry right away as well.

My board is still going strong 4 months now?