Trouble getting into gear [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting into gear

BoodabulB
07-19-2005, 05:04 PM
this is a very rare thing to happen with my car but sometimes when i back out of a driveway or something, then put it in drive i hit the gas the the gear doesn't catch and it just revs, i usually just put it back in neutral then back to drive then it catches. very rare, but it happens, if anyone knows why this is happening let me know!

MY CARDOMAIN (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/770659/1)

:smurf:

Graxall
07-19-2005, 05:09 PM
sounds like a good old fashion case of a slipping tranny. If you put it into drive and let it sit does it eventually "jump" into gear? I know with my 90mustang it jumped like crazy i put it in reverse, wait 6seconds, then it jumps n goes.

GrahamKracka
07-19-2005, 05:22 PM
sounds like a good old fashion case of a slipping tranny. If you put it into drive and let it sit does it eventually "jump" into gear? I know with my 90mustang it jumped like crazy i put it in reverse, wait 6seconds, then it jumps n goes.

yep.....its the tranny....mine did it

BoodabulB
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
how does that get fixed, expensive? thanks

Graxall
07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
2g's to fix it on a 1990 fort mustang LX. The shop cheated me real nice tho so watch out. Sent it on to get LOOKED at. They take tranny off, take tranny apart, find problem and tell me 2g's to fix it. i go no way bought car for 500bills he goes ok well its still 600 to put the tranny back together and back i nteh car. So basically i payed 600dolalrs toget tranny removed and cleaned. 2 monthes later the b!itch died compeltely and we donated it to charoity and got a nice chunk on tax returns but dam that was a fun car. 4 banger rwd mmm e brake turns :slayer

GrahamKracka
07-19-2005, 06:25 PM
how does that get fixed, expensive? thanks

I got a new tranny...under warranty