Cannot open site on Insight broadband!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cannot open site on Insight broadband!!

Licit
07-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Wanted to post and let you know that I am unable to open the site with any browser for around a month, via Insight cable broadband internet connection. I tried everything I could to make it work from home and could not find a solution. So I called the cable company and after their technical assistants were unable to open the site either I realized it is a bigger issure than just my computer. I am supposed to call back there today and see if they found a solution, they said to give them a few days and I had called on the 15th of July. Is there any reason that the site would not open via a cable connection? I am left for now to get on the site when I come to work(like right now), but it kind of sucks not being able to do it at home, especially when trying to buy and sell items in the for sale section.
Tim

tenspeed
07-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Every time I changed anything i.e. new posts, opening a thread, trying to post, going to the next page, etc., I had to log back on.

My options are set on accept all cookies. The site worked OK at work and started working normally today from home. Two other forums worked OK from home.

I'm on cable too.

Licit
07-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Every time I changed anything i.e. new posts, opening a thread, trying to post, going to the next page, etc., I had to log back on.

My options are set on accept all cookies. The site worked OK at work and started working normally today from home. Two other forums worked OK from home.

I'm on cable too.

So I should check to see if my internet options are set to accept all cookies?

sc02grandam
07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52000&highlight=site+working

still doesnt work for me at school either

tenspeed
07-20-2005, 10:54 AM
So I should check to see if my internet options are set to accept all cookies?

You could try that. I was saying that I experienced a problem with this site and have cable. I had all cookies enabled, two other forums worked and GAGT would ask me to log on everytime I did anything. It started working yesterday, I don't know what changed.

Licit
07-24-2005, 02:25 AM
I tried what that link said that sc02grandam posted and still no luck from home. My isp had me try the dns dump and a few things and none work. There's nothing like a $45 internet connection that won't connect to one of my most visited sites. It sucks big time since I have been able to open the site from home for about 4 years until a month and a half ago.

ssc116
07-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I haven't been able to access the site from home since the server change. I have Comcast HSI. I can get here from work though. I email Jeremy when I first noticed this and he said to try to flush the dns, ipconfig /flushdns. This hasn't worked for me, maybe for you. He also said the the ISP my not refresh their setting frequently enough.

Can you ping anything? I get request timed out when I ping the web address but I can ping the IP. When I got to the IP it says host not found.

Ajaxus
07-30-2005, 07:04 AM
uh, clear all the cookies? check your security settings too, to see if they changed.

Licit
08-10-2005, 10:06 PM
uh, clear all the cookies? check your security settings too, to see if they changed.
Still doesn't work, nothing has. The company that provides my internet service can't fix the issue so I don't know what will happen. Probably be stuck checking the site when here at work.

mfuller
08-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Did you try this suggestion? I'm on Insight Broadband as well and it worked for me.

navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc or whever your operating system directory resides be it c:\windows, c:\winnt, k:\win2000, or whatever

open the hosts file in notepad
add the following to the bottom of the file and save:
72.36.161.98 www.grandamgt.com

Inferno
08-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Are you using a router? Sometimes its internal firewall won't let certian IP's accessable

Black Z28
08-20-2005, 01:27 PM
its most likely a DNS issue.... do what mfuller posted

Panacea
08-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Did you try this suggestion? I'm on Insight Broadband as well and it worked for me.

navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc or whever your operating system directory resides be it c:\windows, c:\winnt, k:\win2000, or whatever

It's exactly that! This happens on the Mediacom connection around here. It's gay as hell!

Licit
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM

Yeah that worked, thank you so much. The first time I tried for some reason it didn't work but I may not have saved after entering the lines in. Regardless I am loving being able to check the site from home after a couple months without.

dearim
09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
I haven't been able to access the site from home since the server change. I have Comcast HSI. I can get here from work though. I email Jeremy when I first noticed this and he said to try to flush the dns, ipconfig /flushdns. This hasn't worked for me, maybe for you. He also said the the ISP my not refresh their setting frequently enough.

Can you ping anything? I get request timed out when I ping the web address but I can ping the IP. When I got to the IP it says host not found.

I, too, have been having problems accessing the site through my Comcast connection at home. I have several friends who have been kind enough to try to visit the site on their Comcast connections as well, and none can access the site. The issue started for me at the time of the hosting change as well.

I have a buddy who works at Salt Lake County IT who believes it's being caused by a DNS issue on Comcast's side of things.

Panacea
09-07-2005, 09:23 AM
I, too, have been having problems accessing the site through my Comcast connection at home. I have several friends who have been kind enough to try to visit the site on their Comcast connections as well, and none can access the site. The issue started for me at the time of the hosting change as well.

I have a buddy who works at Salt Lake County IT who believes it's being caused by a DNS issue on Comcast's side of things.

That's what we've been saying.... Follow MFuller's instructions and everything will be kosher.

dearim
09-07-2005, 09:32 AM
That's what we've been saying.... Follow MFuller's instructions and everything will be kosher.

Actually, I tried it several weeks ago, as I found that fix suggested on GAOwnersClub.com. It didn't work. I'll post more tomorrow after I get a chance to look at it again.