what should I mod first? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : what should I mod first?

chosen_one
07-22-2005, 11:49 PM
OK... I have been wondering what I should put on or in my car first... I want to get my windows tinted... black headlight covers... and maybe red underbody lights... but i don't know... I also want cold air intake... red badges... a racing chip... and that TPS enhancer thingy... I am also open to new ideas... So tell me what everyone thinks I should go for first... or what I should get in order or something like that... all suggestions are appreciated... I usually like show better... but the car still needs some go... ya know!?

Rich
07-22-2005, 11:52 PM
usual first show mods: grafxwerks vinyl, painted interior,tint, drop, rims.

usual first go mods: CAI, exhaust, headers.

its really up to you and what you want to put on YOUR car and how much money you want to put into it. though no one here will hold back their opinion if they dont like it.

onesexyga
07-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Shave the badges. Looks better and you can put that money towards something else. If you go the performance route know that it will never be really fast and will cost a ton. A ga just isnt that kind of car. If you want nice looks that very achievable with a GA. theyre hot to start with.

dsk727
07-23-2005, 12:24 PM
*iagree* with the above.. usually most go for appearance and CAI and exhaust first off!!
Good luck and *welcome* to the site... enjoy!!

chosen_one
07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Ya i was already thinking about mostly show in the first place... I am going to get my windows tinted first... and black headlight covers... i might then get a CAI and DHP but then what does everyone think i should go for next? Give me your suggestions!!

pyro
07-25-2005, 03:50 PM
dont get dhp until you get headers and performance parts, unless your sure your not gonna buy them. id shave the badges first and get tint.

chosen_one
07-25-2005, 03:55 PM
why not get dhp until i get headers and performance parts? and what performance parts do you mean? I am on a pretty limited budget...so... you know... i can't get anything like real expensive... like headers... and how do i shave the badges? just like take them off and get the gunk off? or what? and i was thinking of getting red badges... becuase i have a black car with red theme.... keep the suggestions coming please!!!!!

02andahalfgt
07-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Don't get the DHP until after you've made performance upgrades. (CAI, exhaust, headers, other internal work, etc.) DHP on a stock engine is pretty much pointless.

chosen_one
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
why not? doesn't it put up your hp and your mpg? even on a stock engine? why is it better if you have those things? and i am also prolly gonna get a CAI... soon

chosen_one
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
cmon... any suggestions or advice? keep em coming!

GrahamKracka
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
use search before you get ripped a new *******

we get 094035903459 people like you asking THE EXACT SAME QUESTON....im sure you can find one of thier threads

notsoaveragej0e
07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
wait on the underglow till the last, because FYI, it seems really cool at first, but in all reality you never use it. I have orange LED underglow, and i like it and all and it was a fun learning experience to install it myself, but that will make the cut on my next car, simply because the $200-300 spent on it can be used for something else (eg- exhaust, CAI, tint).

just my .02

UNCTYPE-S
07-25-2005, 05:47 PM
their is no particular order. You seem to have a nice idea of some things you want to do to the car, so get whatever you want in whatever order you choose.

chosen_one
07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
thanx and for one... grahamkaracka... that is a lot of people... lol jk i searched and couldn't find anything... hmmm i was thinking of waiting on the underbody lights... but i dunno... they look sweet... keep the suggestions coming!!!! and why not still get the dhp? and was also thinking about the throttle sensor thing

02andahalfgt
07-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Because it's programmed for those mods, to free up the HP they help create that a stock pcm restricts with stock shift points, rpm curve, etc. DHP on a stock engine isn't going to create noticable hp gains, may knock a tenth or two off of the 1/4, if that.

UNCTYPE-S
07-25-2005, 05:55 PM
ok here is my advice, outside of the post i just made. If you're looking into getting a particular item and know the name of it, go up top and use the search button. You will find lots of useful information that will tell you the good and bad of whichever things you want to buy.

So if you're looking at buying the TPS, search for "throttle position sensor" or "TPS". You will find more info faster that way, then waiting here.