Fold Down rear seats??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fold Down rear seats???

eBandit
07-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Although I've repaired just about anything with many cars and even done complete frame off restorations by myself for the most part, I cant seem to get my rear seat to fold down in my 2000 Grand Am GT 2 door. I understand the rear seat backs are supposed to fold down (they are split, about 70/30) so you can put bigger stuff in the trunk, but I cant get them down at all and am afraid to pull much harder on them,for fear of breaking them. Any advice?

AznGA
07-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Pop the trunk and pull down the black strips inside.

eBandit
07-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it because I was getting really frustrated about it. I had been trying to get them down from within the car at the back seat.

Ajaxus
07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
wouldnt this be in the owners manual? :D

schizm99
07-25-2005, 02:34 AM
I cant seem to get my rear seat to fold down in my 2000 Grand Am GT 2 door. I understand the rear seat backs are supposed to fold down (they are split, about 70/30) so you can put bigger stuff in the trunk, but I cant get them down at all and am afraid to pull much harder on them,for fear of breaking them. Any advice?

If i had a dollar for everytime I heard this, I wouldn't drive a GAGT....

the01gt
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
that is funny, but understandable...plus why wouldn't they put something up front near the drivers seat to allow the seats to come down, instead of popping the trunk, getting out, pulling the black strips and pushing the seats.....it gets annoying..