SLP vs Borla upgrade [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SLP vs Borla upgrade

mm2311
07-25-2005, 06:26 AM
I took this from another thread....."Slp w/out cai"

SLP isn't going to do anything either but change your exhaust sound. It might shave .2 seconds off a 1/4 mile which equates to nothing on daily driving because you are not racing from a dead stop to a 1/4 mile all the time.

Add the CAI to it and watch your torque levels go to crap as well.

I'll await the naysayers here now who always argue my response of this. But here is a list of "power" I have noticed through MY OWN EXPERIENCE with all the above. List gets "slower" as you go down it:

-Stock 3400 + Borla + CAI + Supercharger
-Stock 3400 + Borla + Supercharger
-Stock 3400 + Borla + CAI
-Stock 3400 + Borla
-Stock 3400
-Stock 3400 + SLP
-Stock 3400 + SLP + CAI

I have a Custom CAI, the DHP PCM, and the RSM 62MM TB is on the way....

I assume that the Borla exhaust is better than the SLP exhaust based on price and dyno testing....but if I added the SLP w/ a high flow catalytic convertor to my current configuration or get an eletronic cutout....

is this really going to reduce my performance.....

What should I do?.....it is possible to save up for a Borla....it will take a while though. Any feedback will help becuae I'd rather not waste the money unless I get results....

Pontiac Ninja
07-25-2005, 06:55 AM
People are probably going to rag on you for bringing this up for the millionth time, but if I were you I would check this thread out that I posted in a year and half ago and it would help convince you of the SLP............http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/show...=Hpp+dyno

A 23hp gain can't hurt you too much (thats what HPP found from the APOC CAI and SLP) no matter what some people say. Losing lower end torque is bad but you do gain top end also!

Kdawg207
07-25-2005, 07:20 AM
For the sake of Sanity...i will stay out of this thread

mm2311
07-25-2005, 09:33 AM
yea....I knew there would be problems with this thread....thats why I posted in Newbies....

Well it answers my question anyway...

Anything is pretty much better than the POS stock exhaust...

When the money is in my hand....I'll make my final decision...as for now all I can do is wait.......

Kdawg207
07-25-2005, 10:36 AM
yur in NJ....I will be selling my barely used Borla in a week or 2.....just in case you have interest

mm2311
07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Yea I am definitely interested.....how come you are getting rid off it.....I see your parting it......getting a new car?

Send me a PM or email-me at mm2311@gmail.com with the details and if you have other stuff for sale like strut tower braces.....etc.

Thanks...

Kdawg207
07-25-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah...new car coming soon...pm'd ya