Just Got a GT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just Got a GT

00blackGT
07-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey, I just bought a 2000 GT 2dr. And I must say i love it! I have driven other GA's but there were se's NOT saying anything BAD about Se's But I must say I like this GT better! But....I need new headlights mine are "fogged" and the tranny takes FOREVER to **** into Drive from N and then Revs up for no reason as i take off. And only 1 more thing..There is a Sound coming from the front and at First the dealer told me it was a hub..Then when i got there they said it was the way my Goodyear Eagle sat on my rim..?!?!? That True? Well other than that I love my GT (Glad to get rid of my tired Neon) And hope to have a good time here at this forum!
Chris

Rich
07-27-2005, 11:16 PM
*welcome* ive heard people who have had foggy headlights took them out and resealed them. and that fixed it. i dont know for sure but your tranny may be slipping. that is a problem that some GA's face. as for the sound it depends on what kind of sound it is. anyway, use the search there is tons of info and you can learn a lot. then, if you dont find any of the answers you need post your question in its respective section. again welcome and enjoy your GA!

00blackGT
07-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Yea, I think i that i may just buy some new ones off ebay or something. And the sound coming from the front I wish i could explain it but i cant So i dont see any help on that one But thanks for the advice on the Search i am sure i will be using it alot.

Rich
07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
well if you havent already looked headlights are pretty expensive even off of ebay. try what i said before it doesnt seem to hard. or if its not that meguirs makes a product called PLASTX that will help. i guess it depends on what your defintion of "foggy" is.

00blackGT
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
K I will have to go get some of that..I will keep you posted. I bet it will help. Becuase the "Foggy" part is on the outside not really the inside. I guess oxidation on the outside.

bigtard
08-20-2005, 12:29 PM
...and the tranny takes FOREVER to **** into Drive from N and then Revs up for no reason as i take off. And only 1 more thing
Chris

I have a 1999 GT that does the same thing on occasion. I took it to one transmission shop, and they told me that they couldn't find anything wrong. (Obviously there's something wrong -- why do they think I took it to them?) Then I took it to a GM dealership. They couldn't find anything wrong either. They basically said, "well, with that many miles (~94k) you'll probably have to get a new transmission. A service replacement will cost about $3600."

For now, it only seems to slip when shifting into drive when it gets really hot. And since I only drive it about 5 miles for my commute each way, it doesn't normally get hot. So, I'm just hoping nothing goes out any time soon.

00blackGT
08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Yea, same thing here the GM dealerships told me that only it was low on tranny fluid, and the tranny pan's bolts where lose...? On that note it has not done it as often but still does. When i floor the car it shutters ALOT like the motor is going to fall out...AND I just had 1 of the hubs replaced and now the other one needs it...Thank GOD for a Warrenty...
CHRIS....

00blackGT
08-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Also...I am gettting about 200 miles to a tank..with just some "hard" driving here and there..That normal? Thanks...

Graxall
08-25-2005, 11:09 PM
200miles....god bless you. Anyway the sound is indeed your POS stock eagle rs-a's rubbing on ur sidewall and such, i have that problem in the rear atm cuz i only got 2 new front tires..i went with toyo proxies 4 for aroun 170dollars a tire...very good tire, some ppl on here will tell u they are a summer tire n suck in bad weather which is BS. mine are great i love em.. but yea gl with the ga

SC/TGrandAm
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey welcome to the site and congrats on the new GA. I see your from Wichita you should come up to KC sometime for one of our GA meets. http://kcgac.proboards57.com/