Hood Scoop Model [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hood Scoop Model

OdoyleRules69
07-28-2005, 09:59 AM
I see some GT's that have the hood scoop, it looks freaking sweet. I have a 99 SE right now and I want to get a newer GT, 2 door with the hood scoop. It looks so sporty and just 10 times better than my 4 door SE(4 cylinder). I have been searching forever on what model has the hood scoop, is it the GT1 or do the GT's? I want to get a new GT before school starts again this fall, so I have some money to save up in the meantime. My 99 SE has about 62k miles on it, not too bad for a 99. I keep it clean, it is in great condition except for a few spots on the hood from highway rocks etc. The other thing is that I don't have power windows so this drives me up a freaking wall and I can't live any longer without them. The car is great, but I want more toys!

If anyone could tell me about the hood and maybe give me an idea of what I can sell my SE for? Please tell me I can get 4500 for it, haha.

Thanks,
Tim

UNCTYPE-S
07-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Welcome to the site.

The hood you're most likely referring to is the SC/T hood. It comes from the factory along with the spoiler on GT models. Search on here for "SC/T hood" or go to the members gallery and check out some peoples thread titles for their new hoods.

oh by the way. It is not a hood "scoop".

lironet
07-28-2005, 10:24 AM
You can only get the SC/T hood if you get a GT with the SC/T Solid Value Appearance Package or the SC/T Appearance Package. It doesn't come standard with a GT or GT1 model.

OdoyleRules69
07-28-2005, 10:36 AM
thanks for the info

I will do my search but does anyone know what I can sell my SE for that I have now? I suppose somewhere between 4-5, obviously not to a dealer. Also, if anyone is interested she will be for sale within the next 2 months.

xxbackhillxx
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Get pricing at www.kbb.com

coupe
07-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Someone needs to show him the other hood options. SC/T is played out, just like my rims.

xxbackhillxx
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Someone needs to show him the other hood options. SC/T is played out, just like my rims.
Or maybe some other car options... The Grandma is played out.

freakydeaky
07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
kbb trade-in value is $3200

OdoyleRules69
07-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I did the value as GOOD
My car is more between Excellent and Good so I just went with the lower value.

Trade-In Value $3,365
Private Party Value $4,660
Retail Value $6,530

I guess in a market I should ask in the paper for around 5 and expect the crap like 3500 or less from a dealer. They can eat it, I will not trade the car in. If I can get a hold of a newer GT I will sell the SE immediately. Be on the lookout for me guys if you know anyone who wants a good car.

Tim

AznGA
07-28-2005, 03:47 PM
I love my SC/T hood. There are TONS of GA's in my campus town, and my GA is the only one with this factory optional hood.

www.pfyc.com

There are other hoods you can get.

Pontiac Ninja
07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I love my SC/T hood. There are TONS of GA's in my campus town, and my GA is the only one with this factory optional hood.

www.pfyc.com

There are other hoods you can get.

Welcome to the site odoyle!

Word, I'm with you man (AznGA). I love my hood. There are very few up here in St. Joe (80K population) or in Manhattan, KS (55K w/ college in session) that have it thats for sure! Good luck to you tim!