Since I've already caused an uproar, I guess I should introduce myself. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Since I've already caused an uproar, I guess I should introduce myself.

pakenney38
07-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Hello everyone. Obviously I am new here if I ask questions about the discontinuation of the GA, but the real truth is that I am looking into buying a used GA next year. My 93 Bonneville is no longer doing the trick, and has some sort of fuel issue that is causing the gas mileage to tank. With the amount of time that I have put into the Bonneville already, I feel that it is no longer worth my time to keep working on it, as I have way too many other things going on in my life right now. Not only that, but the Bonneville is like a brick on wheels. It sucks.
I've pretty much decided on the GAGT, but I've also yet to drive one. A couple weeks back I had the chance to drive an 02 SE, and I loved it. I can't wait to see what the GT is like.

fireshadow540
07-30-2005, 01:17 AM
if your buying a ga gt try to check or ask if the lim gaskets have been replaced yet..that is the only major issue that is known about the gt's.. some other ga's have had a turn signal issue as well.. so just do a little investagin before you buy the ga that is right for ya.. even if the repairs havent been done they shouldnt be to awfully bad to have fixed..most are recalled from the last time i've heard on the signal issue but the lim problem is gettin discounted or pretty much done for free if the probelm is there..take care and be carefull with the ricers out there..j/k were all the same customized cars are just that customized..

Ajaxus
07-30-2005, 05:43 AM
one of the big problems we have is verticle scratches on the windows, which is bad on tint jobs, if you dont mind these then go for it.

sluggerx5
07-30-2005, 06:10 AM
i have had my tint for one year and have had no problems with scratches

Ajaxus
07-30-2005, 06:27 AM
you're one of the lucky ones then. id take a picture, but my digicam is bad and its hard to catch the scratches in the right light for a picture anyways. they 'might' have fixed the problem in the 04 model, i dont know, but i know that up to 03 we all have them or have found ways to fix them first.

but the poster seems to be insinuating that he wants to buy used, i could be wrong, and the bulk of the cars in the used lots will be up to 03, maybe there will be an 04 or two if he's lucky. but chances are that the window scratches will either be present or will develop over time.

AMRAAM4
08-02-2005, 10:16 AM
when the time comes to buy, run the price through us here on the board before buying. no doubt the dealer/seller will try to get more than what they are looking for.

In fat, when you are ready I would put an add up here in the WANTED section of the For Sale forum stating what you are looking for. I'm willing to bet there will be a few who will jump at your need unless you are asking an unreasonably low request. (ie. Plan on $8-9,000 for a solid car).

RAZE
08-03-2005, 11:54 AM
^^ He can have my supercharged 2000 for $9000.

AMRAAM4
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
^^ He can have my supercharged 2000 for $9000.
He won't be buying till next year.

Ajaxus
08-03-2005, 08:08 PM
eh, i remember gettin my gagt. got it in 03, its an 01, had 21k miles on it..they wanted $15k, brought 'em down to $12.5k. they had a meeting the next day about me and my family, they made almost nothing off of it. :D

needless to say that dealer closed shop a year later...gulible bastards didnt stay around long enough for the rest of my friends to rip them on prices. hehe.