Difficult to start my car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to start my car

Firsty1
07-29-2005, 09:48 AM
My car was running just fine until I was leaving for work.. I went to turn the ignition and the car didn't start, it sounded like a dead battery. I had to be at work so I tried starting it again and gave it a little gas.. sure enough it started. I expected it to be a one time problem, but it's happening every time I try to start the car. I measured the battery voltage with a multimeter: 10.4V when the car was off and sititng overnight. about 14V when the car is running. I thought it was a battery problem, but after shutting it off there was still right around 12V and the car still wouldnt start without giving it some gas. Some suggestions from friends I got were: Bad Fuel pump, Bad Fuel Injectors, maybe just a bad batch of gas and I need to put some fuel cleaning stuff in the tank. If anyone has more suggestions or a way to test for any of these problems that would be great! thanks a lot guys

Firsty1
08-01-2005, 10:35 AM
*Update* It was in fact the battery. I think the dot thing was still green because it was holding enough charge to start my car, but not well... $60 dollar fix- running strong again, thanks for looking

brim
08-01-2005, 07:58 PM
little green dot hehe

yeah the car should have been around 12.2-12.5 when off overnight

charging should lay into the 14's

but you got it