What causes inconsistant tranny line pressure? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What causes inconsistant tranny line pressure?

AznGA
07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
My transmission has different bahaviors when shifting from 1-2 during wide open throttle. Sometimes the shift is very firm with no slippage. Sometimes the transmission acts lazy and it hesitates by hunting for the 2nd gear. What is causing the computer to keep changing the line pressure? Does this have anything to do with the tranny fluid temperature?

andrewe77
08-21-2005, 10:01 AM
It's a common problem with our cars as they age. Mine seems to do it much more when it's hot. I've had it looked at twice and the dealer can't find anything wrong. It's also been attributed to some type of design to extend the life of the tranny but I don't believe that. I think it's something that gets sloppy over time and it will not get any better or any worse.

atc3434
08-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Temperature has a lot to do with it. Also, if you're a "lift-shifter" (You pull of the pedal some right before the shift) that'll encourage the tranny to do strange and weird things, like what you mentioned. The tranny also does have a learning curve like andrewe77 mentioned, its called the Adaptive learn or something... basically it corrects for tranny wear over time. How and what it does, I dunno, but its there, and could also be a factor. When was your last flush? Hows the fluid level?

AznGA
08-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I got flush done at a dealer like 10k miles ago. I dunno how to check the fluid, but I am assuming it's okay. I sometimes floor my car and let off right before the shift and the shift is very jerky after that. I dunno if this is good or bad.