Lubing the sunroof tracks, NEED HELP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lubing the sunroof tracks, NEED HELP

BadGT471
07-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I noticed that the lube that was in my sunroof tracks was drying out, so I sprayed some white lithium grase on the tracks... Other than the tracks being white, the sunroof seems be working ok. Is this stuff ok to use, or would you all recommend something else?

AznGA
07-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I would use regular grey color lithium grease.

BadGT471
07-31-2005, 03:58 PM
well, i had the white lithium grease on hand, does it really matter? I mean, the inside of my track is whitish now, but i really could careless.....

BadGT471
08-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, now i'm so ****ed... My sunroof I believe was on it's way out (motor). It liked to stop sometimes in the middle and not close all the way. Well, since it was making like a rubbing type of sound when closing, I decided to lube the window tracks. I used White Lithium Grease. A sunroof place actually told me to use this stuff. I lubed the tracks good, and the sunroof worked awesome for 2 days.. Now today, I can't get the POS to close. Does anyone have any clue how to close it when it's open? I can't leave it open all the time, and I can't get into the dealership till tomorrow to have it fixed. Being that I live in an Apartment complex, i don't see how i'm going to deal with this. Should I just wipe that lithium grease out of the tracks too, and maybe that will help? Although, I think the extra lubrication would help it.. Damn, what gives with this POS car.... i'm so pi$$ed now

Jeff