Random turn signal click - Multi-Function Switch? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Random turn signal click - Multi-Function Switch?

VaGT
08-06-2005, 09:37 AM
I have a problem with my turn signals that I would like to get resolved...

In the Hazard Switch discussion, Infernall stated and fully described the EXACT problem I am having.

My turn signals and hazards still work, but today I started to hear the clicking sound of the signals come on and off randomly at varying speeds from ultra rapid, to once every few seconds. No signal lights are on while the signal clicking is heard. Singals still work, hazards still work. When I AM signalling, the clicking sound returns to the normal usual clicking from the signals, but begins its random speed clicking when the signal has stopped. This problem started today, with a warm interior and a freezing exterior.

Would this problem be related to the hazard switch recall? If not, what else could it be?

--- to which, jdgolf replied....

No its not the hazard warning switch,its probably the multi- function switch. I took my 2000 grand am to the dealer and they changed the hazard warning but the clicking continued. They said it was the multi-function switch.

Could anyone (maybe Infernall found a solution) possibly shed some light on this for me? This is a very annoying problem that I would very much like to avoid the hassle at the dealership to fix. Probably not going to keep the car for more than another year, but this problem is too annoying to live with that long.

Its been going on for months... seems to do it more on hot days for some reason, and it did it before and after the hazard switch was replaced.

Thanks

VaGT
08-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Sorry.... after searching for posts by Infernall, I found his thread.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126

mcgrady
08-06-2005, 04:29 PM
It is the multi-function switch. No ifs ands or buts about it.

There is a thread on here about how to take it apart and clean the terminals which may stop it or if it doesn't then replacement is required.

Panacea
08-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Holy hell. He's back from the dead.

Infernall
08-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Your problem is definately the multi-function switch.

Let me know if you have any questions after reading the HowTo.