The LIM bug got me. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : The LIM bug got me.

Chevylover54
08-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Well I just got bit by the LIM bug. My 2001 GT has 108,000 miles on it. I was thinking about going this myself. I wanted some thoughts from people who took the project on.

Just to give you a background on my abilities: The biggest thing that I have done on this car is changing a half shaft and of course bearings. I have some experience with small block chevys. I.E. taking a short block, putting on the manifold, carb and droping it in the car and hooking up the trany. I realize that a 3.4 isn't a small block put I hope that gives you an idea on what I'm able to do.

Is this a project I could handle myself? If so how long will it take? Also any pointers that you can pass along would be great. Thanks.

tenstrum
08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
My dad and I did it ourselves. It took a total of about 30-34 hours over a 6 day period. A lot of that time was unhooking and hooking wires back up. Plus, I changed my spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, changed radiator fluid, power steering fluid, replaced the serpentine blet, and a couple of other small things.
The project isn't hard, just takes a long time.
Something that will help is take the hood off. and also, we labeled every nut, bolt, and electronic/electrical connection and where they went with tape and a sharpie. That really saved us on several occasions.
Just be careful and be prepared to spend some time on it. LABEL EVERYTHING!!!!