View Full Version : Need Help Asap

GTLUVA
08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
WHATZ THIS WEIRD LIQUID BUILDING UP

http://photobucket.com/albums/y249/GTLUVA82/

Mike Jung
08-08-2005, 10:30 PM
:confused:

That is your PCV valve area, that plugs into your valve train area.

Is your PCV valve plugged ? !
(Please say you have changed your PCV valve before :rolleyes: )
CHECK & CHANGE YOUR PCV VALVE.

Do you have a leak in the PCV valve rubber gommet elbow ?

Your PCV valve creates negative pressure to suck out any blow-by gases from crankcase, so it doesn't get into your oil.

I sure hope that is not your Quaker State oil blowing-out your PCV valve area.
(& if it is your Quaker State oil residue burning/drying-up like that on your valve cover.
Look at the colour of that dried residue (& that is on the outside of the engine, can you imagine about it on the inside).
Now you know why I said Quaker State dino oil sucked in the past before.)

GTLUVA
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
:confused:

That is your PCV valve area, that plugs into your valve train area.

Is your PCV valve plugged ? !
(Please say you have changed your PCV valve before :rolleyes: )
Do you have a leak in the PCV valve rubber gommet elbow ?

Your PCV valve creates negative pressure to suck out any blow-by gases from crankcase, so it doesn't get into your oil.

I sure hope that is not your Quaker State oil blowing-out your PCV valve area.

Thanks, I'm sorry I'm cluess about anything about engines. I only do appearance mods. No, I havent' changed my PCV value before my car currently has 22,000 miles on it two years old I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff yet. I hope this **** is covered underneath my factory warranty.

Mike Jung
08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
...No, I havent' changed my PCV value before my car currently has 22,000 miles on it two years old I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff yet. I hope this **** is covered underneath my factory warranty.
Change it yourself.

How do you change a PCV valve? (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6478)

AC Delco PCV valve cost like $5US.

Just becareful pulling it out.
Don't want to tear the rubber elbow, that holds the PCV valve.

mr_eh
08-09-2005, 08:58 AM
texas gold! get to the dealer quick!

Molson
08-09-2005, 09:08 AM
heh.

Its just stained. PCV may or may not need replacing, but for the price it doesn't hurt to replace it.

Kdawg207
08-09-2005, 09:18 AM
heh.

Its just stained. PCV may or may not need replacing, but for the price it doesn't hurt to replace it.

Listen to the wise Molson

He is correct on this one

1coop44
08-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Mine does the same thing .

GTLUVA
08-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Just got back and found out its my PCV bad value I have to pay $5 bucks or something for the part but they also noticed it was seeping pretty good so I'm getting some kind of part fixed under warranty I forget the name of the part but they had to order it for me.

ancona46
08-09-2005, 03:32 PM
my car has done that since day 1 the dealer said its normal to have some seeping they replaced the grommet but it came back

1coop44
08-10-2005, 05:02 AM
my car has done that since day 1 the dealer said its normal to have some seeping they replaced the grommet but it came back

That's what I figured . Noticed it right after I got the car.