Angel Eye Install Question... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eye Install Question...

2003SCT
08-11-2005, 09:56 AM
O.K. I have looked through the install stuff on here for a bit and I am gonna do a bit of an unorthodox install....I want to do just the LED rings on the angel eyes...most 745i's that I see out here only have the rings on anyway SO I know it looks good.

My question iswhich wires do I wire into what? I want to take the wires right from the old fogs and wire them to the new fogs...so the switch still works the same...just turns the rings on. Is it a good 12 volt source too?

CHRIS

Kdawg207
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
just wire the led wire only....right to the fuse for your ignition...

the ring will come on with the car

2003SCT
08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, I would like to use the fog switch...looking at the pics..the black and yellow wires are what I will be using...

http://www.grandamgt.com/angeleyeinstall-pfyc.html

Which wire going to the stock fogs goes to the yellow and which one goes to the black wire on the Angel Eyes?

I should be able to do that right......the 12 volt signal going to the stock fogs isnt some crazy high voltage/amperage is it?

CHRIS

sc02grandam
08-11-2005, 10:36 AM
if you do that then you'll need another switch for your fogs....

Kdawg207
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
i think he doesnt want the fogs on at all......right?

2003SCT
08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes....no fogs....its Las Vegas and everywhere you go is "in town"....so I dont need the super bright fog lights....just want the rings to look Bimmerish at night...

CHRIS

sc02grandam
08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
in that case.. hook up the purple wire from the stock fog to ..i cant quite remember.. pick the thinner one of the yellow and white wires... and black can go anywhere on the chasis of the car or put it on the negative terminal of the battery... or you can use the other wire in the stock fog harness.. cant remember what color it is off hand

edit: im pretty sure the angel eyes is the white wire... but check on your own to know for sure.. im just doing this from memory

Kdawg207
08-11-2005, 11:54 AM
white

yes

2003SCT
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
in that case.. hook up the purple wire from the stock fog to ..i cant quite remember.. pick the thinner one of the yellow and white wires... and black can go anywhere on the chasis of the car or put it on the negative terminal of the battery... or you can use the other wire in the stock fog harness.. cant remember what color it is off hand

edit: im pretty sure the angel eyes is the white wire... but check on your own to know for sure.. im just doing this from memory

Thanks for the info but I dont quite get what you mean.....

Each angel eye has a yellow and a black wire coming out of it.

When I have the stock foglights removed, the car should have 2 wires that go to each of the fogs.....they are _________ and _______ in color.

I install the angel eyes in place of the stock fogs and hook the yellow wire of the angel eye to the ________ wire on the car and hook the black wire of the angel eye to the _______wire on the car.

Thats the thing I cant figure out..sorry to be a dumbass..
CHRIS

2003SCT
08-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Can anyone answer the above.....?

CHRIS

tenspeed
08-15-2005, 09:55 AM
On the Hella Angel Eye, you have a white, a yellow and a black wire. The white powers the lamp, the yellow powers the LED and the black is a common ground.

On the car you have a purple (+12vdc) and a black (negitive).

Hook the purple from the car to the yellow on the angel eye. The black is ground, so it's black to black. That gives you the LED's when the fog light switch is on.

You can hook the white to a switch/fuse to give you high beams if/when you want them.

2003SCT
08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Poifect! Just what I needed...wanted to make sure.

THANKS guys for all of the help..Ill post a pic when done,.

CHRIS

blake
10-05-2005, 07:21 PM
how the hell do you change the bulb in these things? i havent looked all that close but it looks tricky...any pictures would help

THANKS!

Graxall
10-05-2005, 07:38 PM
how the hell do you change the bulb in these things? i havent looked all that close but it looks tricky...any pictures would help

THANKS!
Pretty sure the silver part in the back has 2 screws in it. unscrew that and im sure ull find out..

blake
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
thats what i figured...thanks!