AutoTrans Interceptor part number [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : AutoTrans Interceptor part number

eBandit
08-13-2005, 06:55 PM
What is the part number for an AutoTrans Interceptor for a 2000 Grand Am GT?

The company website doesnt have it listed, they say they have came out with a new version for our cars, but I cant get them to tell me the old version part number (because they know why I want it and want me to buy a new one from them). I need to know if part number 33790 that is for several cars (including Cavalier, Olds Acheiva with same engine and tranny as my car ect. )will work on my car.

ganut
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
cavy's and 2.4 GA's have a different tranny than GT's, so I am not sure if it will be the same one.

Why not just order from pfyc?

eBandit
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah but that part number shows it works with the 4T45e transmission and it also shows it working with an Old Achieva with a 3.4L and 4T45e tranny.

eBandit
08-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Ok, I found out myself. The 33790 is the same part number as what was sold for the Grand Am's. But, AutoTrans, Inc. (http://www.autotransinc.com/index2.htm) told me that for some reason the AutoTrans Interceptor for our cars doesnt work right with the 3.4 so that why they have came out with a new one for the 3.4L Grand Am's It is $119.99 (plus $17.50 S+H anywhere in continetal North America). They havent assigned a part number to the new one yet.

So anyone considering buying one of the AutoTrans Interceptors, dont buy a used one from someone that is the old unit because it is troublesome with the 3.4 grand am's.

Malaclypse
08-16-2005, 03:36 AM
How about NOONE buy an AutoTrans Interceptor because you can spend slightly more and get a REAL tune from DHP?
'
Interceptors are worthless hunks of crap anyways. If you're gonna drop the coin, save up and do it right.

eBandit
08-17-2005, 07:53 PM
How about NOONE buy an AutoTrans Interceptor because you can spend slightly more and get a REAL tune from DHP?
'
Interceptors are worthless hunks of crap anyways. If you're gonna drop the coin, save up and do it right.

Who's NOONE and why should he buy one? Just Kidding I know what you mean, but I honestly wouldnt want to spend too much on a piece of crap Grand Am anyway. I just figure I will buy a thing here and there and mess around with it besides, I have two other cars that I put serious cash into for power and speed.