Water Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Water Issue

GAGT7386
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Alright so I was driving the other day in the rain for like two and a half hours, so I go open up my trunk the next day and it is soaking wet. The bottom right side is soaked I was like wtf? It wasn't wet on the lid so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before?

boost21
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
there is a vent on the right side of the trunk...look to see if it fell out or something :cool:

Panacea
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
THere are those little nubs that you put your cargo net onto. If those broke off that is more than likely where the water is coming from. I siliconed off my vent and it still leaked. Found two holes one on each side and that is where the leaks were coming from. It turns out those cargo net nubs things broke off and left a hole.

Braves299
08-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Check the two rubber grommets that are on each side behind each taillight. a

99GAGTX
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Okay, I'm assuming you already checked this, but just throwing it out there in case.

Have you checked all the holes in the trunk lid? Don't forget the bolts holding the spoiler on, and the hole for the brake light.

Check also from underneath. There are holes fitted with metal plugs in the floor of the trunk. It's possible one of these came loose, and the water came in from underneath while you were driving.

Also check the foam rubber seal for any tears or poor fit. But most likely your problem is the vent previously mentioned.

I had that problem with my old Z24. I never did find the leak. Just glad I sold it during a dry period.

GAGT7386
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok so I took it out and found the leak. It is right where the trunk latches down when closed, the seal doesn't sit well against the bumper so there is a crack. We poured some water down there and it flew into my trunk! So I am thinking that some clear epoxy or something to seal it? Any suggestions?