GA is killing me need help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GA is killing me need help

skills
08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey fellow GA owners I need some advice, my intake started leaking about a year ago. I got it fixed at the local dealership in Sept. Just got my car inspected at the same dealer and found out my intake is leaking again and they are saying that their protection warranty on parts is 12/12,000 miles,I have driven 17,000 since but it hasn't been a year. This sucks that this will be my third intake in this car and I haven't even had it five years yet,what should I do? I just paid it off and don't really want to get rid of it but she is getting expensive I also don't think I should have to pay for the repairs since it hasn't even been a year any suggestions?

freakydeaky
08-23-2005, 07:50 AM
there's nothing you can do, you've exceeded the 12,000 miles... how many total miles is on the car?.... this will be your third time, damn!.... trade it in, or purchase a new motor, it's probably your best bet

tenstrum
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
did they put the newer gasket on?

GAGT7386
08-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Yea make sure they put the "updated" gasket on, b/c it isn't common for the leak to keep coming back after the new gasket is put on.

Exodus
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
damn man i feel for you bro, seems like GM dealerships else where as in Staten Island dont know their asses from their elbows. I get one things fixed then something else goes wrong.