Monsoon Radio Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Radio Question

bboy_039
08-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Is there an actual auxilary port on the Monsoon Stereo for a 2001 GAGT? If so is it possible to plug an XM satellite radio into it, or an iPod perhaps? There is a button that says AUX on it so i just assumed that it had a port to go with the button. :gaburnout

rocketfast123
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
to use the input port you have to get this $60+ adapter

The_Wraith
08-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Is there an actual auxilary port on the Monsoon Stereo for a 2001 GAGT? If so is it possible to plug an XM satellite radio into it, or an iPod perhaps? There is a button that says AUX on it so i just assumed that it had a port to go with the button. :gaburnout

No, I have a 04, and I had to buy this adaptor (http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie/factory/no-external-changer/gm12-aux.html) , that plugs into the back of the radio, I belive it's the CD changer port/ Factory XM radio port.

but it works great, I now have my MYFI, hooked to it... I will put some pictures of my XM install on here when I get home from work today. So check back after 6:00PM est time.. I even painted and clear coated the antenna with the touch spray touch-up paint you can get at Advanceauto parts etc...

Black Phoenix
11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry for the outdated bump but...

Will the Sirius adapter from that website work with the Monsoon unit as well (since the AUX-IN is supposed to be for XM right)?

I just received a Sirius radio as a gift and I'd like to directly connect it. An new HU is in the works down the road but not in the budget right now.

After searching through numerous threads this one seems like the most similar to my situation. Thanks.