More sc/t kit problems once again [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : More sc/t kit problems once again

GTLUVA
08-23-2005, 10:10 PM
My Grand Am is cursed I tell you. Went this morning to get my rocker panel fixed clips were kind of bending weird something like that. Wait for my car for a hour and half don't mind going on the bodyshop offers 3 year warranty on their work. Go home sit and relax getting ready to go to work go look at my car in the garage and notice my passenger side rocker panel is seriously just hanging on the famous double sided tape yep unstuck. Go back to the bodyshop worker and he was having problems with the rocker panels staying on when they just begun the project but I had my rocker panels bolted on but they didn't bolt on the little side piece that connects up well dropped my car the dealership gave me a ride home so I could make it work by 3 in my mom's car but I get to go pick up my piece of **** tomorrow at noon if its done hopefully :angry: :angry:

Molson
08-24-2005, 07:48 AM
ugh

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18339

RamAirGT22
08-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Maybe you should go to a different body shop and/or a a new dealership. You seem to have many, many problems with both for some strange reason...

GTLUVA
08-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Maybe you should go to a different body shop and/or a a new dealership. You seem to have many, many problems with both for some strange reason...

Its not the bodyshop's fault. My sc/t kit is just a piec of **** in my opinion. I regret even putting it on my car now but its going to stay on my car forever. I never had any problems with the rear valance piece on my back bumper because I had the piece cut in half and molded glued bondo everything the doulbe sided tape is for ****. With the rocker panels they already bolted on the sides but I guess I just need some more bolts if I have to mold on rocker panels. I will be going that next route next. I love the bodykit I just wish the rocker panels were made different somehow.
But I never had any problems with this dealership they installed my xxl grille mesh for me, N&R speedo gauge and white gauges, racing pedals.

Molson
08-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Don't base it on that, you should base a bodyshops performance on, err, body work. If they can't get a kit to fit, then go somewhere else. My neighbours 5 year old kid can install racing pedals white gauges and grille mesh.

Roush GT
08-24-2005, 10:11 AM
yeah the bodyshop i went to couldn't get my rocker panels to stay either.. so i took it upon myself, and i even got em lined up better then they had em.. sometimes you just gotta do it yourself!

02andahalfgt
08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
do it yourself!

What is this strange concept you speak of? :huh:

Hodge
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
What is this strange concept you speak of? :huh:

bahhahahaaha, that got me going. lol

99GAGTX
08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Don't assume a bodyshop is staffed by all highly trained professionals. I worked at a bodyshop in college, and had no experience whatsoever at the time. The shop I worked at had one or two experienced guys. The rest were people like me, cheap labor.
My suggestion is to either do it yourself if you feel up to it, or ask around where other people got work done to their car. Good work isn't always cheap. Hence the reason a lot of people do it themselves.

Panacea
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
You guys forget who you're talking to...

GTLUVA
08-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Well I picked up my car this afternoon and I'm impressed they even fixed both sides for me no gap either lol Hopefully my rocker panel problems are to the end.

Rich
08-24-2005, 09:46 PM
are the ribs still crooked?

GTLUVA
08-24-2005, 10:10 PM
are the ribs still crooked?
Yep, but I don't care anymore they are stuck on again which is a good thing. Heres some pics I just took of my rocker panels. It was unstickin in the area I took the pics :loser http://photobucket.com/albums/y249/GTLUVA82/Rocker%20panels/?sc=1

notsoaveragej0e
08-24-2005, 10:46 PM
i still vote to get the ribs aligned, but thats just my opinion. as long as you like it it doesnt matter i suppose.

radgto
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
That would bug me to death if mine were that far off in alignment.

02andahalfgt
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
You paid all that money, had to take it back to have the sides re-installed and still didn't have them put the sides on straight?!!? :duh:

iceman
08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
seriously.. what kind of motard installed that and even bigger motard took delivery of such excellent craftsmanship..

SC/TGrandAm
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Good god, the "wonderful" body shop strikes again... Are those 30th badges aftermarket? because they are crooked too...

99GAGTX
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm glad the panels aren't falling off anymore. But geez! That looks horrible. You shouldn't have to settle for that. It sort of makes it look like your car got hit, and had to be repaired. Sorry, but have to be honest with you. Any self respecting bodyshop would be (and should be) embarassed to return the car to the customer that far out of alignment. I'm sure you must be tired of dealing with this situation, but they should do it again PROPERLY for free imo.

I'm with RamAirGT22. Find another bodyhshop/dealship for any other work you get done. Find out from others in your area where they get their work done, and how pleased they are with the results.

99GApunk
08-25-2005, 08:07 PM
wow didnt this same thread and same result happen a couple of months ago?

live and learn and then re-live and re-learn i guess

GTLUVA
08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
There is more people out there that have the same alignment issues on there sc/t kit too. I'm not going to argue with anbody about that either.

About my 30th anniversary badge being crooked yep that's factory. I just didn't go to GM and order the frickin badges for my seats, and doors and then order the special exhaust tips.

I'm done bitchin with people.

02andahalfgt
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
There is more people out there that have the same alignment issues on there sc/t kit too. I'm not going to argue with anbody about that either.

Most of those people did it themselves, they didn't pay for a half-assed job.

I'm done bitchin with people.

I wish we could believe that.

GTLUVA
08-26-2005, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=02andahalfgt]Most of those people did it themselves, they didn't pay for a half-assed job.

If they do a half-ass job that's why I keep on going back there to get some more. :rolleyes: Go buy a coupe Mr. Hotshot and you show me the perfect alignment. :rolleyes:

GrandAmChick
08-27-2005, 12:43 AM
^ It's just the fact that u continue to pay for less than satisfactory work. If ur driving out to them, n paying them, their work should be flawless.

heh.. but that's JMO tho....... altho, I'm sure others would agree. :)

02andahalfgt
08-27-2005, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=02andahalfgt]Most of those people did it themselves, they didn't pay for a half-assed job.

If they do a half-ass job that's why I keep on going back there to get some more. :rolleyes: Go buy a coupe Mr. Hotshot and you show me the perfect alignment. :rolleyes:

These coupes all look pretty damn good to me... Why don't you learn to do something for yourself for once Ms. Dumbass. :duh:

GTLUVA
08-27-2005, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=GTLUVA]

These coupes all look pretty damn good to me... Why don't you learn to do something for yourself for once Ms. Dumbass. :duh:

All of those pics are a mile away. :devil:

GTLUVA
08-27-2005, 08:16 PM
^ It's just the fact that u continue to pay for less than satisfactory work. If ur driving out to them, n paying them, their work should be flawless.

heh.. but that's JMO tho....... altho, I'm sure others would agree. :)

I dont't continue to pay them for anything. My bodykit is warrantied for 36 months through the bodyshop. :heh: If anything is breaking on the kit its not my fault.

Go on PFYC.com and look at the additonal pics for the sc/t kit those rockers panels aren't lined up perfect either :iconfused

02andahalfgt
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
You're too fockin stupid to argue with, but just for the hell of it... enlarge any of those and they are perfectly lined up.
Especially this one...
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20785

puckyou
08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
I just spent all day lining up my sides, new tape and everything. I was hoping to get away with just the tape but I may have to use alittle urathane (sp) in places to hold the rockers to the body. I did however use a couple of black pan head screws in the rocker panel on the inside of the door under the weather stripping. This seems to hold the rocker in place better. I also went to the dealership and bought some heavier duty plastic push pins with screw which holds inside the wheel well better than what they supply.

With this kit is seems pretty bolt and go, but you must fine tune it with refinements of better screws and such in certain places.

02andahalfgt
08-28-2005, 12:14 AM
With this kit is seems pretty bolt and go, but you must fine tune it with refinements of better screws and such in certain places.

Or you can choose to keep it looking like sh!t and think it's fine.

Good for you though for taking the time to do extra work to make your car look better.