Factory radio issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Factory radio issue

AuroraGuy
08-24-2005, 09:37 AM
I have a 00 GAGT with a CDplayer and yesterday AM the cd player no longer wants to play CDs....I insert any NEW cd and after about 6 secs or so the
display shows "e 20" and then it spits the cdrom out.

I drove to work (45mins) and tried along the way..same thing.

I got out of work (after 8hrs) and the cd played!

Today...same story...no dice in the AM and on the way home it plays.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Bouchie11982
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
call up ur dealership adn tell them to have a look at it. i know my factory 03 cd player REALLY likes this one CD i have, Relient K, when i hit eject it doesnt want to come out all the way :lol: i dunno why its just that one CD it does too.
also did u look in ur manuel for the code that is was showing? they have them all the way in the back i beleive

Exodus
08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I have a delco system in my 200 grand am gt. it as well recently started to weird sh!t too. such as skip constantly w/ all my cds, stop playing out of nowhere, making this weird fart sound then ejects the disc. asked this ques too already on here, everyone said my hu is going, get a new one.

lastryghts
08-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Have you used a lens cleaner in the CD player yet?

Exodus
08-24-2005, 12:35 PM
tryed that
oh are u talking to me

AuroraGuy
08-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I called the dealer. They told me E 20 means bad laser and it needs replacement.

I was quoted $225 for cash/carry swap. If they write it up on a CSO, its 40% more.

I therefore took the HU out of the dash (took 5 mins) and opened up the entire radio. Things 'looked' good.....I tried cleaning the 'eye' with some alcohol and reassembled the radio.

Still doesnt work.....

:(

I dont know what 2 do next...if I replace the HU with a nice SONY or equal, I loose all my chimes and stuff....

-Jeff

Bouchie11982
08-25-2005, 05:16 PM
eh just get a new radio :) EBAY! or just aftermarket..??

00blackGT
08-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Yea, My stock cd player the delco i think its called it lets to go from the front speakers to the back and some times play around..I hit the side of it today and seemed to fix it for now.. My pass. driver door's speaker is gone now thanks to it being dumb. On that note what size are the door speakers and what brand should i get for them?
THANKS

AuroraGuy
08-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Ok. If I can install a great aftermarket radio (plus kits) for less than $225 - then I guess I am better off. I know I will loose all the dings/whistles that the car does, but thats ok.

Any recommendations on what looks good and works good?

I usually never find an install kit that looks as good as the factory unit face.

I dont want to add any spks or amps, but would like to simply re-use all of the factory amp/spks and stuff - just replace the HU.

I miss my cdrom!!

Jeff