Question about painting [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question about painting

Woody87
08-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm going to buy a SC/T spoiler and I want to know which color I should get. I will be painting it red, but they dont have any red spoilers. They have silver and white, which color is better to start off with?

Rich
08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
it doesnt matter the paint will be stripped off to be painted your color. maybe check out www.sportwing.com first. see if you can get it cheaper there unpainted or painted red. after all the costs of getting it painted and stuff, it might just end up cheaper.

02andahalfgt
08-24-2005, 04:44 PM
it doesnt matter the paint will be stripped off to be painted your color. maybe check out www.sportwing.com first. see if you can get it cheaper there unpainted or painted red. after all the costs of getting it painted and stuff, it might just end up cheaper.

^^ Call Sportwing, mention the 'SC/T group buy' and get a pre-painted spoiler for $200.

Black Z28
08-24-2005, 07:15 PM
it doesn't necessarily need to be stripped.... as long as the paint underneath is in good shape, a good shop can just block it down, and spray away.

Woody87
08-26-2005, 10:53 AM

(1) they don't have sc/t spoilers and (2) I'm getting it for $75 and painted for practically nothing

Panacea
08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
(1) they don't have sc/t spoilers and (2) I'm getting it for $75 and painted for practically nothing

http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=23&fm_subcatid=79#

Yes they do.