Sup I just got a GT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sup I just got a GT

captain0bvi0us
08-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Hello everyone, I just bought a 97 GT!!! (red)(automatic)

It's my first car and I love it. My dad tried to get me to buy my grandfathers lincoln continental that smells like crap.

I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for me to make it more sporty?
I guess thats how i could put it
I want it to be able to go quite fast and look cool

But, i'm in Michigan so we have a bunch of snow in the winters so a really low body kit is going to be a pain if I hit a snow bank..

Well, any tips/reccomendations would be GREATLY appreciated without making it
a ...Ricer... *shudders*

02andahalfgt
08-27-2005, 06:17 PM
*welcome*
Not too many older gen GAs around the site, but there should be just enough to get you started in the right direction.
Good luck and congrats on the purchase!

Graxall
08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Welcome, before ppl eat your face, the search button is the best bet then after that post quesitons. Theres tons of sites with GA stuff that are sponsored fro mthie site. www.pfyc.com www.customgrandam.com www.doctorspeed.com theres many more just browse around. As far as "going fast and looking cool" with GA's you really need to pick one. Its like this, either get bodykit/ground effects. or get a supercharger lol. Some do a little in between but u get wat i mean..

Rich
08-27-2005, 06:34 PM
i never want to turn anyone away from this site, but if you havent heard about it, check out www.grandamownersclub.com. like jon said this site is mostly 99+ and gaoc is more pre 99. so yeah happy modding! *hides jealousy of your manual transimission*

Ajaxus
08-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Rich, you could get yourself a getrag 282...

congrats man. avoid **** like a devil, yeck! what kind of deal did you get on the car? feel free to stop by for mod ideas, with money anything is possible. :D

edit: hmm, well i didnt know that was a bad word, kinda makes sense tho... :soapbox

Rich
08-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Rich, you could get yourself a getrag 282...

i know its just hydros slow a car down a bit. :)

Ajaxus
08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
lol

captain0bvi0us
08-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Wow, did I actually type manual.. no i meant to put automatic, but I did look at a manual one, but the body was in terrible shape...
but thanks everyone