Question about transmission fluid [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question about transmission fluid

Sleepwalkr
09-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok... for the last month or so I've noticed that when I put my car into Reverse, especially when going from Drive to Reverse, its been taking a little longer to actually shift into gear. Before, it was pretty instant, but now it seems to take about a full second to second and a half to lock into gear. It does it a little when going into Drive also, but not nearly as obvious as Reverse. So, I assumed this was because my transmission fluid was low. So, I bought some transmission fluid today, got home, & removed my airbox so I could put in the fluid. It took the entire quart of fluid. Is this a lot, or normal? So, I drove my car tonight for about 50 miles, and its still hesitating, and isn't any better. Is there another issue here that I'm not thinking about?
Plus, I noticed that tonight....after putting in this fluid....that my car was shifting pretty hard into Drive and it hadn't done this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2K2GAGT1BQE
09-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Does it shift hard into other gears when driving as well? I had this problem and it was the IAT.

Sleepwalkr
09-05-2005, 07:42 PM
No....... just a delay when going into Reverse, and an even slighter delay when going into Drive. My brother-in-law, who knows shytloads about working on cars, says its not a big deal. However, it didn't do this before about 2-3 months ago, and I'm just hoping its not something that'll get worse before I figure out whats going on.

00blackGT
09-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Yea my car does it to..Only when my temp its right at 200 or passed...Then its shifts hard from 1st to 2nd almost seems like it just skipps 2nd the dealer told me it was because i had a GT and theys the way the tranny was programed But i am just waiting for it to blow i guess. I did but a 2,250 warretny for 3yrs/36,000 miles so i am good.