A whole bunch of problems on my 99 GT - PLEASE HELP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A whole bunch of problems on my 99 GT - PLEASE HELP

sculled99gt
09-06-2005, 06:40 AM
I have a 99 GT that I hadn't driven in a while and when I started driving it again I had to have the intake manifold gasket replaced. After that all was well and good for about a week and a half. Then I noticed my A/C stopped working as well as the automatic headlights at night. Some other things that stopped working were the automatic door locks and also the seatbelt chime. About the same time I was experiencing a temperature problem. When I would be driving everything would be ok (about 210-212 degrees) but when I was in traffic, it would slowly creep up. Only once did it get close to 260 and the warning light came on. So anyway, I found a blown fuse and the A/C worked and all the chimes and lights were like normal. When I decided to go somewhere I realized that everything stopped working again. I am not sure why that fuse (#37 under the hood) keeps blowing and I am not sure if the Low or High speed cooling fans are connected to that particular fuse. PLEASE HELP!!!

freakydeaky
09-06-2005, 07:16 AM
something is wired wrong.... who did the gasket replacement?

sculled99gt
09-06-2005, 07:29 AM
A local mechanic did the work. I've never had a problem with this guy before, but hey everybody makes mistakes, right. I'll have to get him to check it. I am still not sure whether or not the cooling fans are involved with that wiring. I am hoping that all these things are one wiring problem.

freakydeaky
09-06-2005, 07:41 AM
A local mechanic did the work. I've never had a problem with this guy before, but hey everybody makes mistakes, right. I'll have to get him to check it. I am still not sure whether or not the cooling fans are involved with that wiring. I am hoping that all these things are one wiring problem.

exactly.... get him to check it.... i have a wiring issue with one of my tails, to make a long story short, the dealer recently told me to take a hike and now i'm at a standstill with this issue and am stuck driving around with no driver side brake lights...... well, all i can say is do all you can to have the mechanic fix this problem, if not, it's gonna take time and money to pinpoint the prob

sculled99gt
09-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks a lot!