eating gas like crazy!!! also have LIM leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : eating gas like crazy!!! also have LIM leak

ninobrn99
09-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok, i wanna sell the GA but right now its eating gas like a mofo!!! its crazy how bad it is. What would cause it to do that? Ive noticed that it also has the LIM leak. Is this a bad combination?? Ive been too busy with my trans am to try and figure this out....what should i look into fixing???
Thanks,
Nino
LS1.com moderator
:D

LukeD
09-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Yours is a 99 so it's probably due for a fuel filter change and maybe a change of spark plugs/wires. Check your tire pressure too. If it's too low you will eat up gas like crazy. Then there's the problem I have with my car and I can't seem to fix it. Lead foot. :)

As for the LIM leak if you feel confident taking apart your engine you should do it yourself, it's pretty easy to replace the gaskets, just buy the newer gm gasket kit and you are good to go with a few other supplies like silicone selant. The things you need are listed if you use the search button to look for LIM leak.

If you pay to have it done it will be pretty expensive $700-1000. It's really time intensive not really difficult though.

freakydeaky
09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
do it all at once... if not, take care of the leak first

ninobrn99
09-10-2005, 08:34 AM
thanks all! i feel comfortable doing it, but ive been spending all my time working on my LS1. Do lead foot and GAGT go together??? im going to do the little things like the plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, clean the maf, but i dont know if i wanna tackle the LIM job. I did a search for my issues and it seems like they're pretty common.