Code V1040 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Code V1040

Treviathon
09-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I am recently run into a problem with my 2000 GT. Lately it has been throwing the P0131 code (O2 sensor circuit low voltage) almost on a weekly basis. Some suggestions from searching the forum to fix this problem: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38848 ( I am having the exact same problem as jr2000gt has described)

1. Replace Spark Plug wires (which are currently the taylor spiro pro ones from PFYC, which have been installed for nearly 4 years now, so it may be time to change them anyways)
2. Check the engine roll resistor mounts on the back of the transmission and near the front of the starter (my engine is really solid and will not rock a lot, so I'm not thinking this is the problem)
3. Replace the MAF sensor (this seems like the next logical step)

Now that is the first code, the second code I had pulled was U1040, and my mechanic wrote that it was a loss of EBCM/EBTCM communication, is anyone familiar with this one, I searched and came up empty handed.

So any suggestions on things to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor

atc3434
09-12-2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/

You can look up any OBD2 trouble code there.

P0131, like you said, is a low o2 sensor voltage. How many miles on this car. 2001, right? So, its fesible that the 02 sensor could be on the way out. How the gas mileage and performance of the car? I'd look into the o2 sensor, check wiring, maybe just replace it.

I can't find any OBD2 codes that start with V, they are P C B, and U. There is a U 1040, which is "SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Vehicle Speed " So, make of that what you will... wheel speed sensor, or maybe the speed sensor in the tranny, I don't really know.

Hope that helps some.

Treviathon
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
The Car is a 2000 GT1, not a 2001. And there are 114000KM (70836 miles).

I have already had the O2 sensor, spark plugs, and fuel filter replaced and it is still happening. I'm figuring next step is to replace the IAC or MAF???

I'm guessing my deciphering of my mechanics handwriting is probably wrong, it probably is U1040, thus me not being able to find anything about it either.

Thanks for the info, that will come in very handy! any other suggestions?

atc3434
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Wiring issue? Defintely don't go replacing components to chase away a problem, usually ends up costing money, without results. So, you still have the problem, even once the o2 sensor was replaced? How is the connecting to the wiring harness. You didn't get the wire burned on the exhaust did ya, it happens... Just some thoughts.

Coop
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
There are 7 separate modules/devices that communicate to each other via a serial bus in the car. A U1040 means the EBCM is/was not detected. First thing I would do is make sure all the connections are good at the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). To set the code it has to have lost communications for 5 seconds and will clear itself when comm is restored. The code will remain in history for 50 cycles of the ignition key with no repeated failures.

Basically you have a bad connection, no power to the muodule, or the module is bad. I would check them in that order.

Treviathon
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm not too car savy, can anyone tell me where the EBCM/EBTCM is?