Day Time Runing Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Day Time Runing Lights

nascarnate326
09-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know how to turn the Day Time Running Lites OFF on my grand am. Is there a parking break trick or anything? I would like to get angel eyes for the fogs, but if the dtrl are on I dont think the "look" would be there. Any help would be greatly appricated

Hodge
09-15-2005, 11:48 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559

there you go man. I just did this modification, and I love it. Try using the search feature next time, you can get most of your questions answered through that. :thumbs:

SikMindz
09-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums. Hodge's words of advice are something to follow. The search button will be your best friend...

nascarnate326
09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, I searched DTRL not DRl. I was hopin it was simple like pulling parking break one notch or somethin.

Mike Jung
09-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I searched DTRL not DRl.
I was hopin it was simple like pulling parking break one notch or somethin.
You could technically pull the parking brake lever up one notch (before starting the car), to get rid of the DRL's.

BUT:
Say bye-bye to:
ABS brakes & Traction (wheel spin) control;
& the annoying warning lights (& maybe warning chrimes - not sure on that & what years have it).

It's not worth it. IMO.

If you want it; do the mod in the thread linked.

mightypan42
09-15-2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559

there you go man. I just did this modification, and I love it. Try using the search feature next time, you can get most of your questions answered through that. :thumbs:

:stupid: I used that tjread to get rid of my own DRLs and ALC. It was surprisingly easy to do. I have no electrical experience at all and I still managed to do it without any problems.

nascarnate326
09-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, and if I pull the circit things under the hood? I was lookin at the owners manual and seen them under there. But if it was easier then thats waht people would have did.

mightypan42
09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
IIRC, If you just pull the fuse on a 99, you'll get a dummy light on your dash. That's covered at some point in the other thread.

nascarnate326
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
OK cut the wire I will. Thanks