Crooked Gas Door [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Gas Door

Rich
09-21-2005, 02:58 AM
so my gas door doesnt quite line up right with the side of my car. someone said there is a thread here on how to fix it. does anyone know how to fix it or where the thread is? i tried a search but came up empty handed. thanks.

bossoftech
09-21-2005, 04:31 AM
i too share the same problem its probly from opening it ever 3 days to fill it

pyro
09-21-2005, 04:52 AM
cant you just bend the hinge?

Rich
09-21-2005, 06:47 AM
i dont know, i really havent tried anything. i just finnaly decided to search last night and couldnt find anything, so then i made this thread.

Panacea
09-21-2005, 08:49 AM
You sure its crooked? I know mine won't shut all the way, but I just lube it up and it works fine. Perhaps you should try that.

AznGA
09-21-2005, 08:57 AM
You sure its crooked? I know mine won't shut all the way, but I just lube it up and it works fine. Perhaps you should try that.
I know mine won't shut completely when I slap it to close. When I push it all the way in, it shuts fine.
What part did you lube?

Rich
09-21-2005, 08:58 AM
well i dont know if crooked is the right word to call it, it doesnt sit flush is what i mean. i think mine shuts all the way, it just doesnt sit right. but what exactly do you lube up, the hinge? what did you use for lube?

action
09-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Mine used to sit flush all the way...but it doesnt anymore....piece of crap...no real reason for it not to either besides being a crappy design. Basically the p[lastic cup that holds the filler neck just clips into the steel of the body panel. For some reason the clip has worn and it wont stay in place and the door doesnt close all the way.