Body modding question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Body modding question

Osiris1977
09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Would any one know the easiest way to remove the little metal "nubbins" that stick out of the door that hold the side molding clips on? I had a clip break on the driver side, and one day while pulling out of a gas station I lost the driver side door molding. lol So...I've decided to just remove the side molding completely, repaint the car, and add some kind of body graffic/vynl. Any ideas would be appreciated...Thanks.

eric99gt
09-22-2005, 08:45 PM
if you're going to repaint the car...just shave down the nubs with a grinder.

onesexyga
09-22-2005, 08:46 PM
If its like a 92-95 youve got holes and studs right? The holes would need to be welded solid. The tabs can be broken off and ground smooth. Thats not the hard part. The hard/costly part is that everything needs to be repainted.

Osiris1977
09-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info y'all. I know I'm going to have to cut the little studs off and grind them down, but I wasn't sure how difficult it would be. As far as painting...Ha ha ha...the top of my car looks like poo!!!! For some reason the top of my car faded to a whiteish-green color, and my spoiler is starting to do it too. I have chips and scratches on my hood from rocks and crap being thrown up from semi's and dump trucks (which I always seem to somehow end up behind). The top also has a big chip that's now begining to rust.... :doh: :( :crying: :hang: The poor car almost isn't worth fixing up, but I'm the original owner and she's all paid off. I'll post pics of the problems on my Car Domain site within the next few days.

Osiris1977
09-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Then again I could just get on AEDCentral.com and order the door pannels that don't have the door molding, and fenders, but I still have the issue of the corner pannels having a hole to fill in and "nubbins" to shave down. Why do I have to have such an expensive habbit? I did one little mod, and now I'm adicted! :wtf

coupe
09-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Omg