PO410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PO410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

tomh
09-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Hello, I did a search and could not find anything... can anyone tell me whats that error code means? and how to fix my car?

Thanks

tomh
09-24-2005, 12:37 PM
no ideas?

digitalballz
09-24-2005, 01:43 PM
maybe an 02 sensor

tomh
09-24-2005, 03:43 PM
i found a few things on google and it says its airpump ac .... whatever that is

MetaGTP1
09-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Here is the info.

P0410 Secondary Air Injection System

"Secondary Air" is an abbreviated term for the "Secondary Air Injection System". This system uses a separate air pump and a series of metal and rubber tubes to force outside air into the exhaust stream and help the catalytic converter burn away excessive emissions.

Possible causes and fixes are:
# Poor connection, rubbed-through wire insulation or a broken wire inside the insulation.
# Inspect harness connectors for backed-out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, poor terminal-to-wire connection, and damaged harness.
# Check for worn or loose AIR pump drive belt.
# Check for pinched, kinked or restricted AIR pipes, hoses or fittings.

Problems with this system can stem from electrical circuits, solenoids, or switches that control the pump and valves. Other problems include sticking valves, loose, rusted, or poorly connected lines, a broken drive belt, or possibly a bad pump.

tomh
09-24-2005, 05:35 PM
so its probably something to do with the ram air or air filter not allowing air flow? i recently opened up the hood scoops in my hood.. maybe that has something to do with it?

MetaGTP1
09-24-2005, 08:14 PM
so its probably something to do with the ram air or air filter not allowing air flow? i recently opened up the hood scoops in my hood.. maybe that has something to do with it?No, it is the A.I.R. pump on the front exhaust manifold.

tomh
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
humm ill have to look at it tomorrow in the day and see if i can find it. thanks! :)

any idea if its easy to replace/cheap?

nytemayr
09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
can someone polst a pix of where this thing would be sitting?

JfBrshie56
09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
My GA is not equipped with the A.I.R. system (I understand it is for CA emissions), but I did just happen to read briefly about it in the Haynes manual yesterday while working on something unrelated. It is in the far front-passenger corner of the engine compartment