Mods for the newbs, low-cost but stand out in the crowd! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Mods for the newbs, low-cost but stand out in the crowd!

5-lO
06-22-2005, 01:05 PM
On a serious less clutter note, is this worthy of a sticky to hopefully atleast aleviate some of the newb questions? If anything clean it up a bit and lock it ?

coupe
06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
It wouldnt matter if ya stickied this or not. The newbs will still ask the same questions.

5-lO
06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
I guess so...

badboy2451
06-22-2005, 11:21 PM
-Intake System- Read a How-To on installing a cold air intake. Follow the instructions for removing the tubing. Remove everything IN FRONT of the airbox (that is inside of the bumper, and comes up through the fender) This will result in a louder intake, that sounds alot like a cold or warm air intake system, not as loud, and without the whistle. But VERY noticeable. And yes I have witnesses to prove that.

you mean you should take out the piece that also requires you to take the headlight out to get to??

chevy355blazer
06-23-2005, 12:39 AM
why not replace with pvc and duct tape and run it right up to ur maf. Just dont open ur hood and start bragging.

action
06-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Only problems I see with the intake sugestion is that you should leave the 1 peice that comes from the airbox and curves towards the headlight. Take off the last piece that wraps up behind the headlight. If you take off both, you will suck every bit of dirt and water kicked up by the tires right into the airbox and you'll be forever cleaning the air filter.

Painted interiors are OK, dont forget, once you do it its hard to go back, sometimes stuff is better left stock. Vynil is a good idea, its easilly reversed if you change your mind or take a different direction.

Dont forget cheap mods are OK, but keep in mind how cheap it will be if you have to reverse them.

On my list would be a civic CAI, (pretty cheap when you can get a used one easilly) paint teh engine intake - looks sharp and costs the cost of a can of high heat paint.

5-lO
06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Only problems I see with the intake sugestion is that you should leave the 1 peice that comes from the airbox and curves towards the headlight. Take off the last piece that wraps up behind the headlight. If you take off both, you will suck every bit of dirt and water kicked up by the tires right into the airbox and you'll be forever cleaning the air filter.

In correct, the fender liner keeps er clean. And that elbow is actually what is getting rid of alot of the sound, due to its polygonal (sp?) shape, I think.