Wiring up brake kill switch...? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wiring up brake kill switch...?

SC/TGrandAm
09-28-2005, 01:09 AM
This is a little out of my league.... With the recent spur of carjackings around here im looking for something I can put on a toggle switch so that if I were to be carjacked I can flip the toggle and when the carjacker hits the brake to put it in drive the car shuts off.... Kind of like autostart when you hit the brake the car shuts off. (Hopefully by the time hes in the car hitting the brake im far away running like a scared bitch so I dont meet a bullet.)

Im sure this wouldn't be a simple wiring method.

On a side note: a guy im in a car club with was going at to work at 7am 2 days ago, gets out to head into the building and a black guy walks up with a shot gun points it to the guys head demanding his car. Guy says ok, carjacker gets in and says "this is a stick"? He tries to drive off (doesn't know to let the e-brake loose) and kills the car because he can't drive a manual and then flees on foot and jumps in the passenger seat of another car with Missouri Plates and drives off. Stupid focktard..

atc3434
09-28-2005, 06:04 AM
If, by an incredibly rare chance, your GA is the victim of a car jacking, just give it up. Let the police and insurance figure it out for you. IF somebody tries taking your car, point the the Lexus next to you...

eric99gt
09-28-2005, 06:32 AM
You couldn't do that with any kind of home built stuff. Unless the car was really close to you any kind of signal you could send to the car to flip the toggle would be too weak.

atc3434
09-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Basically, a time delayed breaker on the ignition circuit would do the trick, give a 60 second dealy, gives you time to get away, but not for the car to get very far. I still don't think its needed, but it wouldn't be too hard to rig up.

SC/TGrandAm
09-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah you guys are right on second thought as much as I dislike my GA sometimes I'll gladly give it up however, id hate loosing all my mods. God knows the insurance co likes to take money, but in the event of something like this good luck getting them to pay you money back, therefore, my mods would never be replaced. Oh well.

tenspeed
09-28-2005, 03:51 PM
How long would the engine run if you put a toggle switch on the fuel pump power wire?

iceman
09-28-2005, 04:37 PM
There are plenty of things you can do to disable a car.. off the top of my head - fuel pump cutoff, main IGN power cutoff, PCM power cutoff, the list goes on..

As far as actually doing it, if you want a delay, you'll have to build a circuit and use a 555 timer for example