Arggg help with coolant engine drain plug [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Arggg help with coolant engine drain plug

idahoeeboy
10-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Ok, So I already broke the plastic radiator drain plug, went to the dealer, got a new one. But now I can't find the engine coolant drain plugs and I have half my coolant out. Where are they? Top or bottom? Stupid Haynes manual has just a crappy picture of a 4-cyl. malibu or something $&(^(%@$%

Thanks for help.

idahoeeboy
10-01-2005, 02:08 PM
C'mon, someone has to know where the plugs are....please respond

digitalballz
10-01-2005, 02:12 PM
there hard to find (obviously). there both on the block, easiestly accesible from underneath. One is in front, and one in back. The back one isnt that hard to get undone. The front one is a pain, might not even be worth doin the front one. I dont have any pics too help ya sorry

idahoeeboy
10-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Do they just look like normal bolts?

MantaGreen97
10-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah they look like bolts (on the 3100 at least). I didn't bother doing mine when I drained my coolant; I could see the one on the "front" side of the block from just looking down in the engine compartment, however to get to it you have to raise the car and go from underneath.

digitalballz
10-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I found the rear one to be easiest. I also have access to a lift at all times so it makes a difference. You dont really need to drain the plugs if its to much of a hassle.