Remove Sticky Tint Residue??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Remove Sticky Tint Residue???

GlisteningWhite
10-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I Know this might be a dumb question but whats the best way to move te residue left over from the tint, i tired a razor blade, and water, should i use a blow dryer and heat it up and then us razor blade. i searched and found nothing so if anyone can help thanks!

Rich
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
residue? did you try goo gone? or goo off? or anytype off goo removing supplies?

pyro
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
i searched and found nothing
i dont think you were doing the right search
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6501

Ajaxus
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
for future reference put this in the technical q&a forum, its a miracle this thread hasnt been closed yet.

pyro
10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
for future reference put this in the technical q&a forum, its a miracle this thread hasnt been closed yet.
:doh:
i dont think you were doing the right search
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6501

Ajaxus
10-03-2005, 09:23 PM
ah, hahaha

customcarsff
10-04-2005, 08:48 AM
just a quick cheap tip. after you remove all the tint just use a razor and some hot air.

GlisteningWhite
10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
thanks fellas

punkassdrummer
10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
cops made me remove my tint. here's how i did it. it's a longer process than these guys have been saying, but i found it got all the residue, even the stuff you couldn't get at normally.

remove the door panel. then removed the door glass. set door glass on a workbench, with something underneath it. an old blanket or some foam or something if there's any tint left on the window, peel the rest of it off.

from here on in, it's pretty much what the rest said. acetone, or whatever (i used paint thinner, worked excellent), let it sit for a few seconds, then 'scrape' off with a razor blade. the glue will be loose from the solvent, so you'll be more 'pushing' it off.

when you're done, make sure to rinse the window thoroughly (i used soap and water) and then window cleaner.

like i said, longer process, but it's all gone.