Clogged Fuel Injectors? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Clogged Fuel Injectors?

ktgdgt04
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
I took my 04 gdgt in on warranty because it just about died on me and had issues starting and was running pretty rough to find out injectors 3&5 were clogged. They cleaned them out and I dont have any problems. I have been using the same gas (from BP gas stations) since I started driving up until about a 2 months ago I switched to a citgo gas station. Im sure BP uses amaco gas. Is it the gas thats crappy??? What causes injectors to clog?? so I can try to not have this happen again because its probably not good on the engine to have fuel injectors clogged right???

Panacea
10-03-2005, 09:34 PM
First off change your fuel filter every 2 years or 30,000 miles. Next, don't let your tank go below 1/4 of a tank. You pull in more setiment through the filter that way. Use Seafoam (Can get it at O'Relieys and I think Autozone now) and put it in your gas tank once a month or so. It seems to be inevitable. I can't wait till we get rid of gasoline for a fuel.

Malaclypse
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
The fuel tank additives are helpful if used regularly (twice a year or so). What's more important is buying quality fuel in the first place. You wouldn't believe some of the trash I've seen coming out of people's tanks.

And not running it below 1/4 won't keep any amount of this trash from getting sucked up by the fuel pump. The pickup is at the bottom of the tank.