Help! Screwed up my headlight! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Screwed up my headlight!

zx7ninja
10-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Man, the trouble you can get into changing a bulb....
Anyway, My low-beam blew. So I bought a new bulb.
I figured, can't be hard to change a bulb. Call me an idiot, but an hour later I finally got the bulb out. Haha.
Problem is, I can't get the headlight back in. See, in the process of trying to get the headlight out, I unscewed those long screws on the left and right. You know, those screws that go through the white plastic thingy's, you turn the head on top and the headlight either pulls in or goes out? It's used for aiming I believe.

I can get everything back the way it was, but those damn scrws won't rethread! I can't get the headlight to pull back into place. The bulb is in, everything's working perfectly, but the headlight is a good two inches out of it's place!

What the hell do I do?

Man, I feel dumb. I can pull apart an engine and rebuld it, but can't do a headlight.
How many zx7ninja's does it take to change a light bulb....lol

Panacea
10-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Are the aimers still stuck to the car? If they are, take off the clips, remove the aimers and try screwing them back in.

If you've already done that, then I'd say you're focked. If anything you stripped the threads (which happens relatively easy). In that case, you just bought yourself two new headlights... Why did you take the screws out in the first places?

Braves299
10-05-2005, 10:09 AM
In order to take the headlights out, you just need to pull up on the two metal clips that hold it in place, and then slide the headlight out. Why did you mess with the aimers?

tenspeed
10-05-2005, 11:13 AM
He turned them because they look like they hold the headlights in. If you don't know about the speed clips, the adjusters are the only thing that looks like it unscrews.

onesexyga
10-05-2005, 01:57 PM
The metal clips will be pretty hard to pull up. I had to put pliers on mine. I kept second guessing myself since they were so hard to move. A thread somewhere around explained it.

Rba007
10-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Not to be mean, but this is something that is even explained clearly in the OWNERS MANUAL.

5-lO
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Not to be mean, but this is something that is even explained clearly in the OWNERS MANUAL.

Actually, not to be mean back, but its not explained so clearly however yes it is explained. Stupid GM and their stupidness

02andahalfgt
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually, not to be mean back, but its not explained so clearly however yes it is explained. Stupid GM and their stupidness

It's certainly clear enough to tell you not to completely unscrew the aimers.

coupe
10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Dude i wouldnt let you touch my engine lol

zx7ninja
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
lol
That's what happens when you work 70 hours a week, and go home to a 10 month old.
Extreme lack of sleep doesn't lead to good decisions.

Yeah, tenspeed is right it just looked like the aimers were the right thing to use. Oops.
Oh well. I'll fix it. I'm hoping to get a refreshing 5 hours of sleep tonight. That should get me rested up enough to fix it tomorrow.