carcover what fits my car and aftermarket spoiler ???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : carcover what fits my car and aftermarket spoiler ????

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-07-2005, 03:30 AM
my car 2000 gagt . but has the *** rear spoiler on it. found the car cover companies and the quality of cover i want . a cover that is a great out door cover againest rain/sun/wind/heat/etc etc. but none of the companies will can and or will not tell me it will fit of my car with the spoiler.
what do you ( i guess ) 1997 up to 2003 grand prix owners and other 99 to 2004 owners think if i was to buy a grand prix cover would that give enough room over spoiler and still cover the car properly.
maybe even owners out there that may own both body style cars etc. the *** spoiler is wider and slightly longer and not much higher then the sc/t spoiler . sound right ? if someone can figure this out you get free nascar items or i owe you. also when you put on a cover such as i want and you store the car in cold storage for 6 month winters . do i still need to crack my windows a 1/4 inch and my hood. and do i do the same for outside in summer between driving days. :gablack2:

pyro
10-07-2005, 05:48 AM
yes, you will have enough room for the spoiler.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
so you say using a grand prix cover not a grand am cover ??? anyone out there that has a cover on a gagt with the same spoiler . there must be someone,.

Rich
10-07-2005, 01:06 PM
youd probably be better off asking at the *** site.

freakydeaky
10-07-2005, 02:01 PM
doesn't the spoiler just bolt on?.... i know it's alot of trouble, but if it's gonna be stored for 6 months, just take it off.... sure, the grand prix cover might give you enough room for the spoiler, but i'm willing to bet that it won't cover the car properly..... if it was me, i would get the right cover, the grand am cover, and just take the spoiler off while it was stored... to me this seems like the best solution with minimum problems

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-07-2005, 05:51 PM
dicey take those spoilers off as the legs etc are body worked on. and heavy to try and unbolt risky to scratching trunk etc hard enough time to get the boding materials of the up right and legs to stop from cracking etc. they are touchy when bolting up or unbolting . the bolt areas can crack like one of my legs did, first attemp to install at dealer . where do you think a grand prix cover will mis it's covered on the gagt .

02andahalfgt
10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I kind of doubt the Grand Prix cover would be that much bigger. You're talking about the 'mid' wing from that company right? If so that is definitely higher than the stock and SC/T wings from GM. I'm not sure how low a car cover goes (ie. all the way to the ground), but you MAY be ok with the Grand Am cover, it should still cover down to the bumper, just maybe not all the way to the ground.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-07-2005, 09:45 PM
it is the ower of the two same style *** spoiler ... who as a gagt size cover ? do they go down to the ground or down how far ? as long as it completely covers the body . i have no big problem with having to dry a portion of the wheels after a rain. covers are suposed to have room at the bottom for breathing anys i think??? correct me on that. the 1997 to 2003 grand prix is a wee bit longer and wider car is it not??? and the mirrors are the same as mine . so i would think grand prix cover style wise was close to 2000 gagt body style ???? you would think with hundreds of those spoilers mounted so one out there must cover there gagt??? i emailed *** but no answer yet . see if i even get one .

freakydeaky
10-08-2005, 08:15 AM
ooohhhhh.... i didn't know you had that problem with the paint..... what about getting the gagt cover, seeing exactly where the wing hits in on cover, measure and re-measure, then cut a rectangle out for the wing (making the cut a larger than needed to avoid being too tight around that area), find the same material or something similar , and make a "pocket" for the wing.... that way you're getting the right cover, and it's original...... as far as the paint problem, purchase clear coat epoxy or really any epoxy that dries clear, apply to areas around bolt/holes/etc, the epoxy will bond with the existing coat to strenghten those areas, this should help in eliminating the cracking problem

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-15-2005, 03:03 PM
i checked with the company *** who supplies the spoiler . nope they don ' t have any idea on a car cover to fit or where to get one . they asked me if i found any that fit the ga's with there kits etc to let them know . they would be interested . i still think someone out ther on this site must have a cover that fits over there *** kit or at least the *** spoiler part of the kit on a ga. just how to find one.

02andahalfgt
10-15-2005, 03:22 PM
There really aren't too many people who cover their Grand Ams and even less who do so and may have the same wing as you. I think you're going to have to be the guinea pig here. If there is a shop near you that specializes in auto interiors I'd go there and see if they can take some measurements and make a custom cover for you. Good luck.