Possible Fuel issue, happens randomly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fuel issue, happens randomly

H.O. Driver
10-07-2005, 10:58 AM
I had the cruise set and everything was fine, tried to give it a little gas to pass a car and it doesn't want to go any faster and as soon as I hit the gas my o2 mv stay in the 0-.100 range and won't go higher, but as soon as I let off the gas its back to normal. It idles fine, but as soon as any load is put on the motor my o2 mv would drop right away to that range. So I get out of class, start the car, all is normal. Drove it the 25 miles home without a issue, mv ranges back to fine at part throttle and WOT.

Would this be regulator or fuel pump, I haven't been able to check the fuel pump voltage to see if its seeing enough, or is it just that the fuel pump is over heating and shutting itself off?

I did have a full tank at the time of this issue, so I am wondering what caused it to act up.

H.O. Driver
10-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Any ideas? Its not throwing any codes, but it is blowing major a$$. Its like the computer has a mind of its own and only does it when it wants. Had the tech II hooked up to it for a few hours this afternoon and never did it once. Then when it was off, it wouldn't go faster then 25mph for the life of it.

H.O. Driver
10-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Okay, scanned it today, it had two codes thrown, low o2 voltage sensor one bank one and abs system lost communication to PCM. But no lights were set, I think the board in my PCM is going to die :( I am replacing the o2 sesnor, hopefully that works.

H.O. Driver
10-10-2005, 07:40 AM
o2 sensor has been replaced, runs better, but we'll see how long it lasts. *fingers crossed* Anyone else with headers have problems of burning up o2 sensors at 10k? Even the shell on the opposite of the threads had burn marks on it. Had to be getting hot by something, but nothing is there to do it.

atc3434
10-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Mine 02 sensor is the orignial with the car, its at 112k, and at least 30k of header use. Still going fine. Sounds pretty freak'n weird.

H.O. Driver
10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
same ****, different day I am starting to think the board in the PCM is toast since I don't have cooling fans anymore either, they still work, fan switch still works, but the PCM doesn't command them on, or turns on my SES for any codes that are thrown either. :rage:

cavingman
10-10-2005, 10:35 PM
think that has anything to do with you jumpin the fans at stanton all the time?

H.O. Driver
10-10-2005, 11:00 PM
think that has anything to do with you jumpin the fans at stanton all the time?
nope, relays still work, my casper's fan switch works, they have power, but the PCM doesn't command them to turn at any temp. It will turn them on if the Tech II tells them to, but it won't do it on their own. :(

H.O. Driver
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Aight, its getting worse now, this time it would stall out from it, even at 2000 rpms, running 70mph down the highway. yea, that sucks, no power steering doing 70 :rage: However, it didn't do it on the way home from work or on my lunch break either. Its way to inconsistant to diagnose. I should trade it in on a Cobolt SS :(

cavingman
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
doeet!

H.O. Driver
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
doeet!
WTF, I can lease a Trailblazer SS for less then a Cobolt SS, there is only a 20k price difference. lol, might be a G6 GTP, but since I have been looking at new cars, the car is running fine again, as long as it don't **** up when they test drive it at the dealer. :driving:

GTPprix
10-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah I laughed when I got that quote, it's not really less but only like $20 a month less than the trailblazer SS lol

H.O. Driver
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Well, put in some fresh gas, fuel trims went holy crap, tuned some things and its back to normal. We think it was maxing out the fuel trims and flooding it. So far its two days no issues, today it has fresh gas. We'll see, since I found a good deal on a V-8 Trailblazer 4x4 thats brand new. We'll see how it goes.