dealer replacing tint [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : dealer replacing tint

JokerGT
12-02-2002, 08:00 PM
i just took my car in today to get the windows looked at for the scratches that are somewhat common on our cars. the dealer said that they would replace the windows under warranty, which is great. the part that's got me mad is that the dealer said that they cannot cover the cost to get the tint replaced.

my question is: anyone who has had this problem, what kind of pain in the a$$ is it to get pontiac to cover the cost?

Gimli
12-03-2002, 07:05 PM
It really depends on the dealer. They SHOULD be paying for it as their ****ty part caused the problem but few dealers will. Try and go to a different dealer if possible or work your way up.

Talk to the service manager, then to the owner of the dealership if that doesn't work. Always be courteous and non-confrontational. Tell them that you will escalade it if you're not pleased. If they still won't pay for it then phone the GM customer service line, they might be able to do something for you.

JokerGT
12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
yeah i talked to the service manager and he said that he talked to the district manager and that was the person that said no.
do dealers have dm? i not quite sure.

my next step is calling the customer service number.

any suggestions on how to handle it?

Gimli
12-04-2002, 06:46 AM
Well, my view on this is that since GM knows there is a problem with windows getting scratched (hence the TSB) they should notify the owner before he gets the windows tinted if they want to waive their responsibility.

It's not like tinted windows is a rare mod or anything. They put ****ty windows on the car, they know it, they should give you your car back the way it was before they made the warranty repair.

You could always have them retinted and take the dealer to small claims court, I'm sure a judge would agree that it was their responsibility to tell you about a problem with the windows before you got them tinted.