Trunk Release Button not Working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Release Button not Working

davemann
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey guys,

My remore trunk release on my driver's door does not work. Opening it via the keyfob works fine, and by key, but not by the release button on the door. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?

GAGT7386
10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Have you messed around with any of the wireing in your car? Or with the trunk wires themselves? If the fob works then it sounds like a wireing issue, I would check to make sure that the wires aren't cut or being pinched anywhere. I guess I should mention the obvious make sure the connect b/w the button on the door and the wire connector is pluged in.

davemann
10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I have not messed with any wiring lately, no. The only thing that happened is that the rear driver side door was painted, but the button is in the front door.. why would this have to do with anything? I also removed and then reinstalled the fuse for my sub amp, but that shouldn't be it, as the sub amp is still working...

traingeek087
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
isn't there a fuse for that? check the fuse for it.

ras2002GT
10-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Check the override switch on the hinge of the trunk if the 04's are still equipped with it - may work

Mike Jung
10-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Check the override switch on the hinge of the trunk if the 04's are still equipped with it - may work
...Opening it via the keyfob works fine..
So no.

If the trunk lock out was on.
The keyfob remote to open the trunk would not work.

I say have the driver's door panel checked-out, for a loose wire on the switch.

lakini22
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if there is a trunk lock out switch on the 2004 grand am? (If there is I can't find it) I want to disable the remote trunk without having to pull my door panel off.
Thanks in advance.

destroyer179
07-29-2012, 02:21 PM
the door panel is actually a really easy thing to get on and off. I know when I took mine off to check the speaker wiring the trunk button was barely connected to the wire. I would start there.