Car seems to surge/jump sometimes [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car seems to surge/jump sometimes

The_Wraith
10-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I did a search and didn't see anything about this.

I have '04 V6 GAGT with about 28,xxx miles on it. I've notice that some times if i'm coming to a stop, it (not very often) will surge/ jump forward like someone tapped me from behind. I've also noticed this sometimes when I back into the driveway, going slow it seems like someone ghooses the gas a little and the engine revs up, so I hit the brake (scares me sometimes)...

has anyone else has this kind of problem? Does it sound like a problem?

smbouff
10-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I notice my car surge a bit but only during acceleration. It seems to kinda bog down...then surge to catch up to where it needs to be or should be. I just think my car needs a tune up or something cuz it doesn't do it ALL THE TIME, just a few times here and there. I figure something might be part clogged and need cleaning.

Your problem sounds a bit different....and unfortunately I don't have and ideas what may cause it. Perhaps yours is the same as mine and something needs cleaning or you need a tune up...Have you had one yet? It's obviously not an old car but the mileage is a bit higher so I'd first explore that idea a bit before getting freaked out. Hope that helps any...

boost21
10-18-2005, 09:15 PM
my problem is like the 1st post, i guess i will scratch it off my list and add it to my list of stupid unsolvable problems with the gagt :(

pontiacman99
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Mine Does the same thing from time to time when I pull into the parrking spot in front of my appartment it feels like the accelarator was just shoved to the floor for a second then released. It mostly does it when it is rolling forward and I hit the brakes.

1hotgagt
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
my car also surges when im sitting in traffic and slowly rolling i think it could maybe be the throttle position sensor

The_Wraith
10-21-2005, 05:26 AM
That's what I was thinking the TPS, but man, I'm glad I asked, seems like a lot of people have this issue....
Now the ? is, should I even bother to take it to the dealer, I'm sure they would find nothing wrong....u know how it goes... ;-)

TwIsTa
10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
My car does the same thing never caused me any problems tho so i just leave it alone.

DirtyTexas070
10-21-2005, 12:20 PM
mine does it too, if it doesnt make noises or make a light come on i tend not to worry about it

andrewe77
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Mine as well when I'm pulling into my garage. It has always done it since it was new and I just make sure I'm on the brakes so I don't go into the wall.

95-GT
10-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Check for an intake leak. Your motor could get a little starved for air, then the IAC opens up a little and provides more and it will surge.