SES light code help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light code help

dsk727
10-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Okay so we had one of my boyfriends friends scan the car, the SES light came on about 1-2 weeks ago driving home one night. Here are the codes - any help on what may be causing all of them to be thrown at once would be appreciated!

1. P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean
2. P0480 Engine Cooling Fan Relay 1
3. P0724 Brake Switch Circuit High
4. P1189 Engine Oil Pressure
5. 0 no description
6. 0 no description

They cleared them and checked some things out (levels and such) but the SES light came back and then the next day my SVS light came on (reverse light I think is burned out). Also the trans seems to want to hesitate a bit sometimes when going into 2nd gear. the boyfriend says I should possibly get a trans flush but that may cause more problems and maybe the fluid level is low or it's an electrical problem... GRRR I hate my car!

Thanks for any help you guys can shed on this topic!

digitalballz
10-19-2005, 03:33 PM
i dont know why there all coming on at once. You should clear them and as soon as they come back on get it scanned right away! As for the tranny flush i dont see how that can cause more problems. Changing the fluid will get rid of all the metal filing in the fluid that stick to the magnet. Changing filter, and fluid is never bad for something like this.