Side ribs/molding [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Side ribs/molding

The_Wraith
10-21-2005, 05:36 AM
On my 04 GT, the drivers door ribs or molding, whatever it's called, is coming lose, but it looks like someone might of tried to haveA$$ fix it before. I've searched on this and the only thing I found was that I need to get the 3m Acrylic Attachment tape...
But what I want to know, should the dealer fix this under warrenty? I only have 28,xxx miles on it, so it's still under warrenty.
Or should I just buy this tape and fix it myself?
And if I do, how is the best way to get it off the car? I don't want to break anything or rip the paint off the door...(it's coming loose from where the door opens, door handle end).

1coop44
10-21-2005, 05:41 AM
I'd have the dealer do it .

pyro
10-21-2005, 05:52 AM
I'd have the dealer do it .
*iagree*

misguided
10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I had a similiar problem on my 2000. I went to the dealership to have them fix it. They told me that cosmetics weren't covered under warranty unless it was paint failure. So I left ****ed and bought the 3m tape and fixed it myself.

TwIsTa
10-21-2005, 12:12 PM
My car had the same problem ive taken it to the dealer 4 times they have fixed it everytime but they want the car for a day or 2 just to tape it so i got angry one day and super glued it. its now been 6 months with no problems ;)

digitalballz
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
mines comin off on my car. I had the body shop around the corner try to put it back on, but it started to come off the next week. One day I will get to it!!