Screech from left front tire [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Screech from left front tire

GrandAmGT1996
10-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok, I did some searching and never found and exact answer. Tonight when I was driving home, I heard a screech coming from the left front tire, almost like I was on my screech pad for breaks, but it wasnt from the brakes, because I wasn't on the breaks. I noticed it a little more when I would open it to WOT. This is also the same tire that the ABS isnt working on, if that helps any. I was thinking wheel bearing possibly? Thanks in advance for any help/feedback.

tenspeed
10-24-2005, 08:58 AM
If it's the inner brake pad, the noise goes away when you apply the brakes. Usually a worn inner pad is from a dry slider bolt.

If it's a bad wheel bearing, it make more noise when weight is put on it. A bad left front bearing will make more noise when turning right.

GrandAmGT1996
10-24-2005, 07:15 PM
It makes the noise a little bit when I turn left, and a lot more when I turn right I guess I should have added that in my first post, but if it is a wheel bearing, what would the cost be to repair that?? Also, I'll check tmrw and see if the noise goes away when I apply the breaks. Thanks for your help

GrandAmGT1996
10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
The noise does go away when I apply on the breaks, I'll pull my wheel off this friday and check it out, maybe sooner...how urgent should this be checked? If its break pads, you can go like two weeks on the screech pad cant you?

tenspeed
10-25-2005, 07:36 PM
After a while the metal piece breaks off. You should have some time before you are down to metal on the pad. It depends on how much you drive and how hard you brake. Take it easy.

GrandAmGT1996
10-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Alright, I'll pull it off on Friday and replace it most likly, thanks for the info.