Car shakes when heat is on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car shakes when heat is on

noog99
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Anybody have an idea why my car would shake when I turn the heat on? The higher I turn the fan, the louder and harder it vibrates. I'm guessing the motor is going on the blower but would it make the whole car shake? I've done searches and came up with nothing. Thanks

tenspeed
10-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Maybe something caught in the fan?

videoman
10-24-2005, 11:03 PM
If it sounds like you car runs rough as well it might be a power issue. In defrost your AC compressor comes on, drawing more juice which may make your engine run rough. get your alternator and battery tested.

noog99
10-25-2005, 06:11 AM
No it's not the A/c compressor, I understand that the car is going to run different when the air is on, but anytime the fan is on it shakes. When it is on the first setting it isn't there, but from 2 and up it gets worse. When I told my step-dad he didn't believe me that the car vibrates. He said it was impossible, so I took him out and showed him and he was just shaking his head. He said he guesses the motor is going bad. I guess I'll call the dealer today. Thanks again

Slim
10-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Could be you're missing blade on the fan or maybe a piece of blade is missing. Either way, it sounds like it's off balance.

CruzinGT33
07-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey,
I'm having the same problem... Any one have part #s or more info on the problem? Thanks

GA SE/T
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Having same problem except only when the AC is on. Car does shake. Still have not found the real problem. It did this when the car was under warranty. Took it in and GM techs said it was because of mud on the blades of the fans. They cleaned them off but still had the problem; go figure. :nono:
Question I have is when you turn on your AC/heater, does your RPM's drop???

white97gt
07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
your rpms should go up with the a/c on because of the compressor, as far as the heater I dont think the rpms would go up.