Head light problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Head light problem

izayn
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
I got a problem with my drivers side head light. The Bulb won't light up at all but when I flip on the high beams it will light up no problem. I check the circuti breaker in the engine compartment to make sure it was okay, it was. During the night on when the lights automatically turn on, only the left passenger light is on. In the day niether lights up and the Service Vehicle Soon light comes on.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to remedy it.

Also, if the bulb is bad will the High beams still work.

:gasilver:

Rba007
10-25-2005, 11:06 AM
The bulb has two filaments, one for high beam, one for low beam. So yes, if one of the filaments is bad the other will still most likely light up.

So, go replace that bulb. Check the how-to section for a write up on that procedure.

scorpionhawk
10-26-2005, 04:53 AM
I got a problem with my drivers side head light. The Bulb won't light up at all but when I flip on the high beams it will light up no problem. I check the circuti breaker in the engine compartment to make sure it was okay, it was. During the night on when the lights automatically turn on, only the left passenger light is on. In the day niether lights up and the Service Vehicle Soon light comes on.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to remedy it.

Also, if the bulb is bad will the High beams still work.

:gasilver:

just in case check your headlight sockets, the blue ones where you plug your headlamp bulbs into. make sure those aren't corroded, because that's what happened to me.

BanginGrndAmGt
11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
I got a Question about headlights.I own a 2000 Grandam Gt Sedan And a 2001 Grand Am Gt Coupe,Well when i bought the 2001 i noticed that when you flip the headlight swtich to (Parking lights) that the headlights go out.But on my 2000 and cant get it to do it.I go to Show my car and everyone yells at me about my headlights.So i need to know how to kill the headlights...

Mike Jung
11-06-2005, 05:38 PM
I got a Question about headlights.I own a 2000 Grandam Gt Sedan And a 2001 Grand Am Gt Coupe,Well when i bought the 2001 i noticed that when you flip the headlight swtich to (Parking lights) that the headlights go out.But on my 2000 and cant get it to do it.I go to Show my car and everyone yells at me about my headlights.So i need to know how to kill the headlights...
See: HOW TO: Override DRLs & ALC on a GA (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559)

Or IIRC: Park car & turn off engine. Pull E-Brake 1-click & restart engine.

stanjk3
11-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Did you just replace the bulbs?? If yes, then you might have put in 9004's instead of 9007's. They look very similar, but will cause problesm similar to what you describe. I bought Silverstars that were mispackaged, had 9004's instead of 9007's.

BanginGrndAmGt
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks alot for the help.Im going to try to do it this weekend and see what i get out of it.Just got back from a show and got yelled at agian.So i need to get it done i guess