Cigarette Lighter replacement: [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Lighter replacement:

DjSylentMystyk
10-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Okay guys, I have been through the search, this is what I hear:
I used to smoke, cigarette lighter worked fine, (2001 GAGT) put in a cell charger,
stopped smoking, bought new cell charger, now no longer charging (the previous one worked, but I have a new phone now). Here's what I'm gonna do:
1. check fuse 34 in fuse box under hood (can someone help me with a more detailed specific location (how many amps should I use for the fuse... hehehe... use/fuse. that rhymes.)
2. pray that fuse replacement works
3.if 1 and 2 don't work... cry for 8 days straight
4. try to install new cigarette lighter and housing from dealer
5. pray it works again...
6. Stick giant metal rod into nostril for self induced pain at failing at life.
7. take it to a dealer.
8. bend over for getting raped in the ass by pricing.
anyone like to add anything or modify?
thanks.

Rich
10-26-2005, 08:55 AM
check the fuse. thats most likely it. its not hard to find. if it keeps popping your new cell charger MAY be shorting it out. when i first got my car, it didnt have a stock GA knob and it blew the fuse everytime i pushed it in. hope that helps.

badboy2451
10-26-2005, 08:55 AM
sounds just like a fuse is busted...just pull the fuse box lid off and look inside of it for the fuse specified cigarette lighter or maybe lighter and pull it( the size will be on the fuse). If its busted then replace it with one that is the same size.

Rich
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
its under the hood. just check the owners manual if you need any further clarification.

DjSylentMystyk
10-26-2005, 09:15 AM
thank you much ladies and gentleman, one other thing about the lighter though, when I actually push in the lighter, it's kinda stuck, it doesn't pop out like it normally would if it is lighted, that would indicate the fuse right? and what type fuse should it be?

Rich
10-26-2005, 09:23 AM
i dont know. i guess if its not popping out its not "lit." just check the fuse. im not sure which fuse it is, check the owners manual itll tell you.

RamAirGT22
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I had that problem too and it ended up being the plug in back fell out. Try that if the fuse doesn't work.

DjSylentMystyk
10-26-2005, 09:33 AM
spank you again

tenspeed
10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
You can pull the trim off from around the radio and check the plug and also check for power at the wire. It's supposed to be hot all the time.

Try to pry the ring from around the keyhole first. There's no screws, everything comes straight out.